cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extend chart of account to company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a chart of account. I want to extend all accounts to particular company code, as mare assignment of chart of account to comapny code (OBY6) does not allow to use these accounts for this particular company code.

Please guide me how can i do that.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2342
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check the thread

Aravind Boddupalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aravind for reply,

Actually the TCODE (FS15) referred in thread mentinoed earlier copies GL from one company Code to Other Company Code. I have created a Chart of Account & i need to transfer all accounts from my chart of account to company code.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can't just extend accounts from CoA to a company code. Because CoA and Company code sections of a GL account is always different. And there are certain fields at Co code levels like Field Staus Group which is a required entry and this doen't exist in the CoA segment at all, then how can you extend CoA to a Co Code directly?

Standard practice is to

-create a chart of accounts by copying a SAP standard CoA (e.g CAUS for US) t-code OBY7

- Extend this CoA to a specific company code by copying from a SAP sample Company Code (E.g. Co Code 0001 which uses the CoA CAUS) t-code- OBY2

- Do mass update for the Chart of accounts to have the description and other changes (T-code OB_GLACC11)

-Do mass update for the Chart of accounts (Company Code data) if required (T-code OB_GLACC12)

- Then copy the GL accounts from one Company code to Mutiple company codes (FS15)

Since you have already created the CoA accounts, you can possibly create all GL accounts manually in a specific company code (T-code FSS0) and then copy to other Company codes (T-code FS15)

Or You can use LSMW to create the GL accounts in one company code and then copy to other Company codes (T-code FS15)

Thanks

Ron

Answers (0)