cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS WebDynpro assembly create entire ESS SCA file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have observed one behavior in assembly. When I tried to assembles any customize ESS activity, following processed get added into the list automatically.

2006/06/14 17:38:20 sap.com_SAP_MSS COMPONENT ASSEMBLY CMSadm Assembly running

Secondly I have observed the size of assembled SCA file is around 230MB for each activity. It loolike in assembly SAP created entire sap.com_sap_ESS SCA file for small piece of change. Please suggest if this is common behavior or we are doing some thing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Santosh Lad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal

Thanks for your quick response.

If NWDI created single SCA file for small piece of change.

Then how can we handle the Disk space. Like I have 60 activities and each SCA file take 230MB then my /usr/sap/JTrans will go 15GB.

Can we delete those SCA files? secondly how can we handle the SP Upgrade? How can we make sure to import only require changes with new SP level.

Thanks in advance.

Santosh Lad

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

One SCA corresponds to one software component you are developing. When you say that you have "60 activities and each SCA file takes 230MB", do you mean that you are developing 60 software components. If that is the case then you may have to take regular backup's of JTrans directory.

I would suggest deleting these SCA files. As for SP upgrades if you go thru the JDi cookbook for ESS. There SAP has given some suggestions of how to handle SP urgrades.

However the possibility of only importing changes is not there in my opinion because these ptaches are not incremental in nature.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

I think you are creating a new version (assembling) for each activity that the developer checks-in/activates/releases for the SC (I am thinking just one) you have. Ask your developer to release a bunch of activities in one release. This way you would need to only assemble once for those bunch of activities.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assembly <b>always</b> builds the entire SCA.