cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the Tax Data for Material Master IN MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The MDM 7.1 standard business content does not ship the content required for TAX data implementation. We need to include this however for Material/Vendor/Customer.

We have alraedy tried the approach of a multivalued lookup table for TAX fileds (Plant,Country,Tax Type, Tax Category, Tax Classfn) and linked it to the Sales DAta Qualified Table.

but this does not satisfy the interdependencies of SAP ERP i.e Sales Org-> Distribution Channel-> Plant-> Departure Country-> Tax Type-> Tax classification. We intend to implement this same relation in MDM.

Kindly guide as to what would be the right approach. Can a qulalified lookup for Tax data be helpful for this scenario?

Also can anyone secify the correct table or T-Code where we can find this entire dependency in ECC?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Elizabeth,

Which version of MDM you are using...

If it is 5.5 then qualified lookups is a good option...

If it is 7.1 then you can try out tuple

Regards,

Shaailesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using MDM 7.1. We need to implement a realtionship for TAx DAta where for a certain combination of Sales Org and Distribution Channel, I will see a specific and valid set of Plants. Similarly , for a combination of SAles Org, DC and Plant i should get a specific set of Country Code. Similar is for Tax Category and Tax Classifictaion.

A simple Tuple does not however cater to this need. Can you advice on this?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tax calculation is a complex method, so I would suggest you to avoid handling this in MDM. But if you have business requirement to do this, then Try Qualified table option. You will need to define some lookup flat type for fields like sales organization, Distribution channel etc. in the qualified table.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Elizabeth,

Try using multivalued tuple and tuple inside tuple...

Try below structure...

Maint Table : Tuple 1 (Multivalued).

Tuple 1 : Sales Org, Dist Chann, Tuple 2 (Multivalued)

Tuple 2 : Plants, Country Code (Multivalued Lookup)

Update this post if the above solves your need...

Regards,

- Shaailesh.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth, hi Shiv,

as long as you're using MDM for consolidation and harmonization only, you could add the tax information. As for customers (for example), you maintain tax indicators as a child of the sales area. This means for MDM that you need to include the tax indicators in the sales data tuple. As tax indicators are repeatable records, you need to create a nested tuple for that.

But as Shiv has correctly mentioned, the tax information itself is quite complex in regards to which tax information must be maintained depending on e.g. the country and/or sales area. In MDM it is hardly possible to predefine any mandatory values like it is possible in ERP. So if you plan a central creation of data, you'll most probably have to invest a lot into the correct validations to ensure that you create correct data. Still it needs to be closely investigated if you can do this with the MDM functionality or if you need some external API programming to do the job.

Best regards

Michael

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thank you for the approach and correcting me. I agree, handling this data with Tuples would be the good modeling than qualified table.

Regards,

Shiv

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you got any succes for this??

In my case havinfg Tuple (Multivalued) was also having a problem. we were not able to Map the fields in syndicator.

Cheers,

rc

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the release of MDM 7.1 SP5 (planned for June), both the Material and the Customer repository wil support the Tax Data. We used a multi-valued tuple for the implementation and faced no issues in syndicator.

Best regards

Michael