cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to login t0 SMD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have installed solman 7.0 ehp1 on HP-UX with ORACLE.

installed wily InterScope on one of the test server & on SOLMAN.

when i try to login with http://mdsolman:50000 am able to login, the same when am trying to login through

http://mdsolman:50000/smd with user ID j2ee_admin am getting error as "You do not have sufficient rights to start Solution Manager Diagnostics.

Please contact your administrator to check the permissions on your system."

i have checked the roles of j2ee_admin its "SAP_J2EE_ADMIN" , even i have mapped SAP_ALL, but its not working.

i have also given group administrator.

kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you haev done with solman_setup steps, try using workcenter for accessing SMD.

trxn: solman_workcenter. for this assign role SAP_SMWORK_DIA to user so that Root Cause Analysis tab will apear in workcenter.

Still if you get page can not be displayed msg then check host file in following directory drivers/etc and make an enty for your host with IP addr.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During solman installation default Sapsupport & solman_admin user is created.

Kindly use sapsupport user for portal login.

Another way to open SMD using sap login -> t.code dswp -> SMD ( its automatically open new window for SMD)

Kindly check security guide for the same.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

I think it may be helpful .

Regards,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

thanks for reply.

i have check through sapsupport, user doesnt exist,

created user sapsupport with the same access as to j2ee_admin in 001 client,

but same error.

when i check in transaction DSWP got error as to change parameters & activate the services.

this i have resolved

but am not able to login through portal giving same error.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

During initial Configuraqtion solman_admin user has created try using solman_admin user to login to SMD.

Thanks

Abullais

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked with user solman_admin with common password given during installation,

when i tried to loggin given as " user authentication failed"

can i create the ID solman_adminin 001.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one .. plz help me

still struck at the same point.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear basis7,

please go through the following steps (if not yet happend).

1.) Logon to Client 001 with any administrative user

2.) call transaction SOLMAN_SETUP and perform the initial configuration - during this guided procedure the user solman_admin is being created

3.) when #2 is finished close your browser and logon to SOLMAN ABAP using you newly created SOLMAN_ADMIN and call TA SOLMAN_SETUP again

4.) perform basic configuration - in this guided procedure (Step 7) Diagnostices will be configured

5.) finishing No 4, you should be able to access /SMD loggon on with user SOLMAN_ADMIN

Kind Regards,

Heiko

Edited by: Heiko Burkhardt on Mar 15, 2010 1:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hieko,

i hav executed SOLMAN_SETUP in 001

given popup as " Web Dynpro services not active. Activate? this may take some time" i clicked on O.K

a web page opened with error as the website cannot be open.

i have checked the parameter, and changed it as icm/host_name_full = <HOSNAME>.sap.com & restarted the server

tried again SOLMAN_SETUP, but the same error.

any suggestions.

Regards!!