Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Planning in Project/Network Activities

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Scenario: We have WBS, Network and Activities. Costs are planned at activity level only and most of them are Internal acitvity and general cost activity. After releasing the project, nobody should change the planned work in hours which will calculate the planned costs in the activity. How to do this?

The system status locking planning will work only for manual cost planning and planning at WBS level only. For activity there is no system status to lock the planning.

The simple answer anybody can give is to create a user status for acitivity and assign an authorization key.

I also created a user status and I have tried with many transactions and none are working.I have forbidden the following transactions.

Determine costs

Plan Overhead

Plan activities

Plan Primary costs

Plan Secondary costs

Plan SKF

Total Cost planning

Write plan line items

Only forbidden of "determine cost " throws information message but i want error message. Also I dont want to use Change which will forbidden anybody to change the project itself.

Question: Which transaction in the user status will disallow user to change the planned work and save the project?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think there is a standard way of doing this

the two options that come to mind -

use a validation exit to check if object is REL then set the field "work" to display only

this might also be possible using BADI WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE

Virendra