cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consignment Pick-up order - confirmed inventory qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

We are using the SD customer consignment model, using sales order types, consignment fill up orders ZKB (copy of KB), consignment issue ZKE (copy of KE), consignment return ZKR (copy of KR) and consignment pick-up ZKA (copy of KA). We have a specific requirement to build a consignment pickup order ZKA, deliver and post goods receipt the delivery before we process the ZKR consign returns and so we go negative in the customer consigned inventory. My issue is that SAP will not allow us to confirm the qty on the ZKA sales order so we can deliver it (no schedule lines created to deliver), we need to circumvent this and just confirm and deliver the consign pick-up. This a unique situation where we are replicating transactions from another system and it's done out of order, the inventory would be negative literally a couple of hours.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems to me that it is not an SD requirement but MM. Try tc: OMJ1 to allow negative stock postings in the val. area/plant. I don't know though if it will work for the corresponding consignment stock and if so, if it's 'worth it' to allow negative stock for the whole plant.

If you please get back to me if this worked.

Regards,

Agis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agis -

Thank you for your input, I believe this is part of the problem however I believe the core of my problem is in the availability check and schedule line processing. If I have no consigned inventory for a particular customer and material I still need to book a Consignment pickup as I'm replicating transactions from an external system and will catch up and reconcile inventory within the day. I can create my ZKA (KA) order with the ZKN (KN) line item category, I can create a schedule line with the schedule line category of F0 (consPickup w/o AvCh) however when I deliver the pickup a delivery is created with the line item but with no delivery quantity and a log entry of "Only 0 EA of material XXXXX available".. What I need to do is supersede this and create the delivery with qty and post goods return it, letting the consignment inventory go negative, this will be caught up hours later when I post consignment receipts.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, it seems that you have availability check activated at delivery level. Go to spro->SD->basic Functions->availability check-> determine procedure for delivery item category and deactivate av check for the relevant item category. Of course, even if in that way you'll be able to do the delivery, you won't be able to post goods receipt. ...Unless you allow negative stock (?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first you have to do consignment return and then only you do pick up.

hope helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for everyone's help, there were three things I needed to do...

1. Allow consignment stock at customer to go negative at the plant level, via OMJ1

2. Remove the availability check indicator from the Item category via SPRO->Sales and Dist->Basic Functions->Avail Check

3. Change the assignment of the schedule line category for the item category to F0 (no ATP check) via VOV5

Thanks!