cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain Resource Related Billing process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried reading everywhere about Resource Related Billing. Trying to learn about this. Please help me in understand this.

What is the document flow for this?

Is it like - Service Order(or Sales Documetn) is created.......then Delivery.....Invoice........DMR.......and then .Debit Memo???

Is it bcoz we can't include all the costs incurred during the service in the Order, we need to created DMR for the DIP profile?

I saw online somewhere where they created Service ORder using text item. Once the service was provided, they removed the text item and added the two materials...one for service and and one for material used. Delivery was created. Later Invoice. Here in this case....there is no need for DMR.

Then why do we use Resource related billing? Why can't we just follow the above process?

Is it same for Service Contracts also? Service Contract.........Billing.......DMR........and then DM

Is Service management Module a better substitute for REsource related scenario?? Somewhere I read when Service Management Module is not there......we can go with this.

I am reading now SAP Consulting notes available for DIP profile. Very good one....but trying to understand the flow of this process.

Will definitely award point for good info.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The Price of a Customer-specific services are not determined by Standard Prices .

For example

Make to order production

Plant maintenace

Resource related Billing is used in the CUSTOMER SERVICE and PROJECT SYSTEMS

We use the RRB process to bill the customer for the Material consumed and the Costs incurred in the customer project.

The flow is

Create the Sales order in VA01 which has the DIP profile assigned

Now Using the Sales order create the BILLING REQUEST in DP91

now create the Billing document in VF01 using hte Billing request in DP91

VA01DP91VF01

this is the flow

Please check and revet.

regards,

santosh