Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the Shipment number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SD

I need to find Shipment Number using Ship-To Party and Order no fields.

1. From LIPS I pass order no and get the delivery no . ( I am getting multiple delivery no's)

I think from delivery I have to get shipment no for corresponding ship to party.

Can anyone tell me how I can get shipment no from these fields?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

In transportation the shipments are based on Shipment type ,transportation planning point and route .

So from delivery you will get shipping point ,identify transportaion planning point from shipping point, and use route to identify the shipment number.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar Deshpande ,

Thanks for reply.

Actually I am writing a report program , so in the report I am having

Ship-To Party and Order no fields. From these fields I have to update my ALV report one of the field Shimpment no.

Concept is - in the report I need to display shipment no (if any thing exists -if already shipment created for these values then I need to display).

So I need logic to identify shipment no from the above fields.

I need the tables how I can dev logic to find the shipment no.

Thanks.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From Ship To Party and Order NO. you determined the Delivery No.

Now with ref. to Delivery No. you may go to Table VBFA there put your delivery no. in VBFA-VBELV --> Execute, and from the output you may get your Shipment No. from VBFA-VBELN, where VBFA-VBTYP_N = 8.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply.

But the thing is I could not user Ship to Party.

How to determine Delivery no using Ship To Party and Order no?

I did not find it. Most of the tables I checked - can only use order no and get deliver no. But not able to put ship to party value.

In LIPS - I can only give order no and get delivery no.. no field for ship to party.

Thanks.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not find it. Most of the tables I checked - can only use order no and get deliver no. But not able to put ship to party value.

The ship to party is available at header level, so you will have to use first LIPS to determine the Delivery No. and then with ref. to LIPS-VBELN you will have to determine / filter the delivery no. on the basis of Ship to party from LIKP table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

I agree with Amitesh .

As far as business scenario is concerned you will have multiple deliveries for a sales order and may be you have combined deliveries per shipment as per route .

So from sales order,line item you should link Delivery item i.e. VBAP - to LIPS where VGBEL in LIPS is sales order no.

You may get no of deliveries for an item which is correct.

Then from LIPS you will get to LIKP table and get ship to party for these deliveries.

And using VBFA you can check shipments for this order line item using document category(VBTYP ) Field. So for orders preceding do category is C if u use delivery its J .

Shipment document category will be 8.

Collect them as per line item and as we have one ship to party per order line item ,you get your info for the display.

Regards

Mandar