cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About CVCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Initally, I thought, CVCs are automatically generated by the system; even now, I hear people say like tht. I have tried in POS loading file after selecting "Create Manually". When I clicked the load button, I was able to see in the table below it, the contents of the excel file which was saved as Tab Delimited. Then, I was asked to click the Generate button to create the CVCs after selecting the rows.

Does that mean that we do not define the CVCs in the excel file but juit mention the different characteristic values for each characteristic.

Say, for example, if we have the characteristics Location, Product, Supplier and Sales Organization defined for POS, then, I want different combintions of these characteristics when I have 10 different locations, 8 diff. products, 7 diff. SOs, 12 diff. Sppliers. Should I just have to mention the names of these different characteristics under each colunm and then load it and then click Generate button so that different combinations can be created by the system itself?

Please help me clear this issue.

Thanks,

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

In your case 1087*12 different combination of CVC's creation are possible. Based on your business requirement you can maintain the required entries and create CVC's for that combinations.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

So, does that mean that those number of combinations will automatically be generated by the system when I click the generate button or else I manually have to enter all those combinations in the external file?

I could have used the system to check this, but I dont understand the problem, whenever I click the generate button, an error pops us with prefix /SAPAPO/....

I myself regret tht I am unable to give the error description to you. I am not having the access right now. I shall update you later. Mean time, if you have any idea over this over your experience, please give some details of it. Also, please answer my first para.

Regards,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

Take this scenario.

There are 100 products and 10 locations.

Not all of the 100 producs will be made in all the 10 locations. So the system doesnt know which one forms a valid combination. So we have to explicitly mention which all together makes a combination.

Example

P1 L1, P1 L2

P2 L3, P2 L4

and so on.

You have to create such combinations in the excel sheet you are trying to upload or directly in the screen to create some combinations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the solution Mani.

In that case, what is the "generate" button doing after "load"ing the data?

Regards,

Guru Charan K.

Answers (0)