cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning area - currency and measuring unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

During the creation of planning area, we will be asked about the currency and the unit of measure. Why so? How are these related to anything associated with the planning area (say, key figures)?

Regards,

Guru.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Planning Book is assigned to your Planning Area. You will see your product location in your Planning book. now the UOM for your products in your Planning book uses the UOM assigned to your Planning area. and the the dada/reports/info you want to see on cost,.. it will get the currency from your P.A.

New planning area required because, you want to Uses different Unit of Measure in your Planning Book. (say u2018CSu2019 instead of u2018 PC u2018 as there in standard PA, 9asnp02).

Hope this helps..

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, as you say, in case if I have key figures in my book requiring more than one unit of measure, I need to have that many planning areas created and associated with that planning book, right?

In that case, suppose that, as for the cost, I need only one currency, but I need five units of measure; then, I need to have the planning areas five in number with 5 different units of measure but the same currency, am I right?

If this is right, how does the planning book know that a particular key figure should be measured in one particular unit of measure, since the planning book is associated with many planning areas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurucharan,

"In that case, suppose that, as for the cost, I need only one currency, but I need five units of measure; then, I need to have the planning areas five in number with 5 different units of measure but the same currency, am I right?"

No you are not... actually that is different. You will have the option of conversion of UOM. you go to your product-location master there you will find UOM.. tab. But datas are saved in the LC based on the base UOM you defined in the Planning Area.

What I was talking about, to see data in the planning book. When you see data in your planning book You see based on the UOM, like 'CS' 'PAL' KG'.... this comes from the planning area UOM.

you can define user specific planning book

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Product-Location Master. I am unable to understand that, even in your first reply. Please give me some details over that.

Sorry for asking many questions. I am new to DP.

Regards,

Guru Charan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OHO..you are in DP. I was talking about SNP planning book. But you can check, go to master data, select product (tcodes: /n/sapapo/mat1), give your product and location name, and display, you will find 'unit of measure ' tab.

"In that case, suppose that, as for the cost, I need only one currency, but I need five units of measure; then, I need to have the planning areas five in number with 5 different units of measure but the same currency, am I right?"

Ok ... you may need to define 5 different PA though you use the same currency. its depends on your need.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Edited by: Satyajit Patra on Mar 14, 2010 6:07 AM

Answers (0)