cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS alert stays in ACTION_REQUIRED status auto reaction is not triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have configured central monitoring infrastructure via Soluton Manager. So we could assign auto reaction methods in RZ21(CEN) to get e-mail notification if an alert occured in satellite systems.

Most of the assigned MTEs trigger mail notification but our problem is that certain MTEs don't trigger the assigned auto reaction and they are stucked in ACTION_REQUIRED status.

All of the application servers have running and connected CCMS agent.

I have read all of the similar forum threads but I couldn't find any relevant answer:

Notes what I have read but didn't help:

note 543414

note 546981

note 176492

I think the basic configuration should be correct as most of the MTEs can trigger and send out e-mail notification from satelite systems.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Kalmar on Mar 12, 2010 4:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member233138
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

Recently I had problem with auto-reaction method in the central system monitoring.

I found very useful note 939616. And My case related to status of auto-reaction method.

My mail did not sent to reciaver and status had SENT TO CEN value.

I found that job SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER was plan only in 000 mandt.

I shellduled same job in my productiom mandt. After that all work fine.

May be it help you. Thanks.

Best regards Shubenkov Vyacheslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter/Brian,

I am also having same issue .

Can you please let me know how did you resolve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Srini K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Unfortunately we couldn't resolve this issue yet.

The strange is that some of the monitor classes can execute the auto reaction method (email notification) but most of the satellite systems with release 4.6C cannot process these auto reactions (the status is ACTION_REQUIRED).

Please let me know if you may find a solution.

Cheers,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have same issue when network switch was down. After that alerts did not triggered from Solution Manager.

Solution- Restart(Reboot) Solution manager system which fix all the issues.

Regards

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

by any chance were your auto reactions based on alerts that were related to GRMG type availability checks. I've been setting up some monitors with auto reactions and have found that the alerts based on the systems that have the SAPCCM4X,SAPCCMSR type agents supplying the RZ20 data for the systems seem to work ok. The alerts when triggered get the emails sent out via SAPCONNECT and out to the internet mail recipient that was defined in the central system auto reaction method.

However, I'm having a problem getting the GRMG based alerts to go out, they stick in the alert monitor with status "ACTION_REQUIRED" and only send the emails after the manual task of initiating the auto-reaction method in the alert monitor is performed. They use the same auto-reaction method as the others which are working ok, so I'm still trying to figure out why these GRMG based alerts are failing to run the auto reaction method unattended.

Regards,

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got to the bottom of what was required. Now the GRMG alerts are going out the same as the alerts generated from systems with sapccm4x/sapccmsr agents.

Brian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

We couldn't solve our issue yet.

Could you describe me what was your solution? Maybe your problem had similar root cause.

Thanks a lot,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Please check if in the auto-reaction method, under the "Control" tab, the execute method has been setup as "Periodically in background process (in job)".

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rinkal