Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement As File

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to create flat files for acknowledgements either it may be sucsess or Failure?

Now I am doing these 2 scenarios.

1. File to IDOC

2. Idoc to file

How to get acknowledgement in separate files?

Thnks and regards,

Khaja.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

For scenario 1)

You can create a ALEAUDIT acknowledgement for the Idoc. Then this ack, you can send it to separate file with the help of BPM

For scenario 2)

As File adapter supports only system acknowledgement, you can go with this..

Refer SAP note - 821267- Question No6.

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member190536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Moorty,

<i>Refer SAP note - 821267- Question No6.</i>. How to refere this.

Thnks for your Immediate reply.

regards,

Khaja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khaja,

Go to SAP market place and chekc the notes over there.

here is the link:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/

Thanks,

YaseenM

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is SAP note , and you need to have Service Market Place User id(S user Id).

Link is https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/notes

For now I have copied that input for you-from SAP note

<i>6. Acknowledgements

Q: Does the File Adapter support acknowledgements?

A: You need to distinguish system acknowledgements (indicating that a message has been received by the target system) and application acknowledgements (indicating that the message has been successfully processed by the application on the receiver side).

The receiver of an XI message will only send an acknowledgement back to the sender if the sender has requested one. However, the File Adapter has no functionality that relies on the receipt of an acknowledgement, so it never requests one.

On the other hand, if a File Adapter Receiver receives a request to send an acknowledgement, it will do so for a system acknowledgement request. Application acknowledgements are not supported at all as the File Receiver has no way to determine if the written file has been correctly processed by the back-end application, which is what a positive application acknowledgement would imply.</i>

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,dera Krishna

how can I configure the acknowledgement in idoc-> xi -> file scenario?could you give a step guide?

many thanks!

Jerry

Answers (0)