cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raw Material Sale with calculation type 357

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am mapping Raw material Sale - where excise charged will be same as excise paid during purchase of raw material.

Means we want to pass same excise which is captured during purchase even though the selling price is changed.

For this i am using calculation type 357 in pricing pricing procedure for excise duty condition type.

By this system is capturing excise which is paid during purchase.

But for this i have to create proforma invoice first with JEX and then J1IIN with respect to delivery number.

Here excise is captured by Get Excise Invoice

After that i will create commercial invoice which shows the excise duties which is captured during purchase of material.

Is this process right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem ,

i am going through same requirement from the client so request you to kindly advice me for the same.

warm regards

Vi jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem

Before going ahead for mapping ,I would suggest for referring to scetion 4 of Central excise 2001,for deciding assessable value based on" transaction value". You may not be able to sell raw materiials at higher sales price value without changing asssessable value.

If your value changes frequently then it will be under MRP based excise which refers to your maximum selling price without tax and after deduction of abettment %.

Secondly your RG1 updating can not be done if you are declaring the same material as Raw material and FG in J1ID.

So u may have to use separate material code for sales (FG) .

Still if u want to support it at owners risk , u can use a condition value routine for getting the PO rate and excise from purchase order into sales pricing condtion of assessable value(YASS or ZASS) this is the base for duty calcualtion in TAXINN .

declare pricing procedure and condtion types in Lg Gene >> tax on GM>> basic setting >>determination of excise duty >> classify Condition types .

The routine can be done with the help of abaper and using pricing subtotals in purchasing. considering the rate of excise is similar u will get the same value for excise duties in sales.

In this case you can use J1IIN directly with reference to invoice.

Regards

Mandar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
where excise charged will be same as excise paid during purchase of raw material

Maintain assessable value J1ID against Maintain Assessable Value. There, at whatever duty you purchase, the same rate should be maintained here at per piece or per kg.

So once you create sale order / billing, system will consider the excise duty only based on the invoiced quantity multiplied by the rate what has been maintained in J1ID. Based on this billing document, you can generate excise invoice in J1IIN.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Mar 12, 2010 6:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for Quick reply

I tried for suggestion u have given...but value for the material varies frequently so client is not comfortable with this frequent change.

Also i am using TAXINN procedure.

So i am trying with calculation type 357.

Is 357 calculation type usage correct?

Guide me ...

THANKS