SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail:doubt in supply source determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I know in supply source determination if supply source is vendor it will look for info record and if the supply source is supplying site then it will look for Site (DC).But my doubt is on which basis it will search for "vendor" and for "supplying site (DC) " in "supply source determination" topic.Where we actually do this.and find this topic.Hope it is clear and simple and expecting clear and simple answer for you.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sandhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

The standard deifinition goes like this...

Supply source determination is part of purchase price determination and therefore

takes place at the beginning of the sales price calculation. It is used to determine the

vendors (sources of supply) for the selected articles and organizational levels. It uses

the system settings to do this. Both external and internal vendors (distribution centers)

can be sources of supply. If purchase price determination type A (standard) is used,

this price determination is performed by means of a purchase price calculation schema

in the case of an external vendor and by means of a pricing procedure in the case of

an internal vendor

NOTE :If multiple vendors are found for an artricle,system looks for the regular vendor flag,and then source list requirement,and then supplying region is checked for that particular article.

You can also refer to the following link for more information :

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/420d29470a11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Aram.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member335292
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

The standard deifinition goes like this...

Supply source determination is part of purchase price determination and therefore

takes place at the beginning of the sales price calculation. It is used to determine the

vendors (sources of supply) for the selected articles and organizational levels. It uses

the system settings to do this. Both external and internal vendors (distribution centers)

can be sources of supply. If purchase price determination type A (standard) is used,

this price determination is performed by means of a purchase price calculation schema

in the case of an external vendor and by means of a pricing procedure in the case of

an internal vendor

NOTE :If multiple vendors are found for an artricle,system looks for the regular vendor flag,and then source list requirement,and then supplying region is checked for that particular article.

You can also refer to the following link for more information :

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/420d29470a11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

You just gave the helpful information.I just understand that supply source of determination tab which i there in purchse price determination sequence.IMG->Logistice General->Retail pricing->sales price calculation->Maintain purchase price determinatino sequence.But my doubt is does supplysource determination is integrated with pp determination type in pp determination sequence.If yes then how it will take the internal procurement (i.e) supply source is "2" and for external procurement (i.e) supply source "1".how it will search for DC(i.e) supply site.and how it will search for vendor.On which basis it will search for them.And which it will take.

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

If PP type is A(Std),price determination is performed,with the help of Purchase Price Calculation schema in the case of an external vendor and with the help of pricing procedure in case of an internal vendor.certain fields/indicators in Article master and Site Master data are being referred to in doing this.

1.Supply source indicator in article master

2.Ref site to Pricing type assignment and Purch.Org to Site assignment

Apart from these,regular vendor flag,source list reqmt and supply region are also taken into consideration as i mentioned before.

Please refer to TIRT20(SAP for Retail) for more detailed information.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

Its an very good reply.but i didnt understand this refer to TIRT20(SAP for Retail) for more detailed information.Can i have the link for the above.Or give a clear details to me.I am not able to find it.Hope u understand it and explain me in detailed.Is that enough to maintain article data in MM41 and site data in WB01.

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Yes you can maintain the settings in Article Master Data(Mm41) & Site Master Data(WB01) as correctly mentioned by you.

btw TIRT20 is one of 3 SAP training material's referred for SAP-Retail and they are given only to only those who attend class room training/certifications for this course.

Hope it helps

Best Regards,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Just to add on to the above valid points,

For external vendor:

system checks for the Fixed vendor then regular vendor then a single vendor.

In the system, Fixed vendor & regular vendor are unique at any point of time.

I more than one vendors is exist for the article & there is no fixed or regular vendor then system wont propose any thing.

For DC:

system checks for the supplying site based on the priority mentioned in the site master in the following sequence.

supplying site at MC level & then supplying site at site level (MC = blank) ( table name: WRF3)

Hope it helps...

regards,

kumar

0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

I know that if "supply source" is "standard" then it will search for the vendor in info record and if it is "stock transfer order" then it will search for "supply site" which we maintain in site master at the top supply site tab.But my doubt is where this supply source determination we do in sto or po or in pricing.My doubt is use the SSD when we do stock transfer order or when we raise purchase order or when we do VKP5.When this supply site we assign when we do pricing in "assign pricing type/organisation level to reference site" or where we do and use this supply source determination.I think you understand my doubt.I maintained and understand the determination but i have to know where we assign the supply site i understand we assign in site master after that will we assign it to "assign pricing type/organisation level to reference site" here which site we are going to give the site master as DC (or) the "supply site" in that site master.Only at the time of vkp5 we use the topic supply source determination or we do in sto or in purchase order.I understand the theory part i am expecting the practical part.I am expecting the practical part.Explain me in clear.Hope for clear explanation and detailed information from you.Thanks in advace.

Regards

Sandhya