cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Rendering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a FPM application which is similar to "Standard Billing Editor".

In SAP Library for Web Dynpro i have read about the term Delta Rendering but not getting the idea how its work.

Now my query is that "How to implement Delta Rendering and how it can increases the performance for my above described application ?"

Thanks in Advance

Nawal Kishor Mittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Delta rendering is disabled by default in NetWeaver 7.0 and 7.01 - but is actived by default in 7.02. It has to be activated on a per application level using the Application Parameter WDDELTARENDERING or with the URL parameter sap-wd-deltaRendering. It can also be activated globally using the WDA WD_GLOBAL_SETTING and setting the same parameter. However I would be cautious about activing it globally on these releases.

Once activated, there isn't really anything else you have to do as an application developer. The delta's are calucated at the View level. So at most you need to structure you screens so that multiple views on used on each screen. for instance if you have input fields and a table output, put them in separate views. That way when there is scrolling in the table, the input fields don't have to be rendered.

You can read more about Delta Rendering in this online help document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/eb/cbd08ae1754c708947c0f5b0779649/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply but i am still not clear the idea behind the delta rendering ..

like we have a case we have a view with 4 UIcontainer in which 4 different views are embedded.

so you mean to say if 2nd UIcontainer is modified then only the modify view of container view and 2nd UIcontainer view is called...is this is the case??

Thanks,

Nawal Kishor Mittal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>So you mean to say if 2nd UIcontainer is modified then only the modify view of container view and 2nd UIcontainer view is called...is this is the case??

The entire phase model on the server will always still be executed. At the end of the phase model if there have been no changes to UI elements or Context, then nothing will be rendered to be sent to the frontend. That is where Delta Rendering is useful - it reduces network bandwidth needed for changes and reduces the rendering time on the client side.

Web Dynpro already uses an approach unlike a traditional web page. When events occur, we don't do a normal post to the server from the main page In 7.01 and higher we use AJAX to make the post (in 7.0 we used a hidden frame). Any changes determined by the server side are then restored into the main visible page via JavaScript (DOM Infusion). This is what gives Web Dynpro the flicker free effect when making server events. However this is also part of how Delta Handling works when it is activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas...

Now i am clear with delta rendering in WD.

Thanks,

Nawal Kishor Mittal

Answers (0)