cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple Valdation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to know the functions and limitations of Validations on Tuple with e.g.. Please share your views for same.

Thanks

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

So its possible to run validations on Multi value tuples with in Tuples and wtih refferenc to main table? Its clear that assignments are not possible on tuples..

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check validation on Tuple Record as well as on Tuple member as well.

Go to Validation Tab--> You can see main table there as well as Tuples which are implemented on your main table.

Write any validation on tuple fields as like main table.

Yes Assignments are still not supported.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functionality:

You can run Tuple validation on a record level only as you get only field as Tuple-->(Record) from fields tab of validation expression. I mean if you want to check that a record in main table is assigned to tuple or not, you can run this validation e.g

IS_NOT_NULL(TUPLE) etc, i mean on the record level only. You can't select Tuple field members as you can do for look-up flat etc.

Limitation's: In main table:

1. You can not run Assignments on Tuple as you don't get field in the drop down of Assignment Field , i mean the field you select during assignment to populate data according to your logic.

2. In Validations, you can't run validation of individual tuple member as you cant get this option from Fields tab of Validation expression as you get it for look-up flat tables etc. You can run validation on a Record level only.

e.g. if Tuple has two member fields Name and Code and Name is Null and Code has some value, you can't run validation from main table to check that individual field Name has some value or not. It will always show you pass coz a record in main table is linked with this tuple who has a value in Code. So you can't check validation on Tuple member, only on the Record level of Tuple.

3. You can't run validation on nested tuple to check whether that nested tuple has some populated value with main table record or not.

e.g you have tuple2 inside a tuple1 (nested structure) you can not check that a record of main table has some populated value for tuple2 or not. It will always show you pass if a record in main table is associated with tuple1 and it does not bother about tuple2 whether it is populated or not.

I am using MDM 7.1 SP3.

So, as such there is very little to do with Tuple validation .

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply. Its possible to run validation on tuple member field also. Just look at dropdown where you see main table name on left hand side in validation tab. You will see tuple also in drop down.

Thanks alot for sharing your views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i agree with Alok that we can run validaitons on TUPLE record as well as for TUPLE members and only assignments are not supported. Thanks Alok and Himanshu for correcting me. I missed this drop down way to select Tuple's along with Main table.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini