cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Issue in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have question regarding vendor mapping to purchase organization and company code.

I am working on SRM 4.0. Suppose I created a shopping cart for company code A and purchase organization X using vendor XYZ.

This vendor is defined for only company code B and purchase organization X at the backend.

Logically the PO(extend classic scenario) should not get replicated to backend as company code for the vendor is not correct in the shopping cart.

But in my case it is getting successfully replicated.

Please let me know what should be the standard behavior.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Archana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archana,

Check that the user in SRM is not configured for company code B as well. This will allow them create shopping cart to vendor X who for company code B.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

is it a prefered vendor ?

how did you search the vendor ?

O XXXXXX -defaulted to your basic data sc pg attached porganisation

generally vendor transfer happens for all extended porganisations too. what is the result of sc. is it created a PO so far?

i believe just you propsed a vendor in the sc

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I have selected Vendor as preferred one. And yes the PO got successfully replicated to the R3 backend.

But Vendor is not extended for the company code I used in SC. Then there should be an error right?

Regards

Archana

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

aha. vendor might be happy.

--

i ahve a question for you

how preferred vendor allows you to create a PO . 39 to 19 trick or buyer propsed and accepted the same vendor

which deployment mode ?

i test this stuff during week end and revert you back.

--

how did you search the vendor . did you remove the default o XXXXX system proposed porg attached to pgrp..

---

gimme step by step procedure to recreate the issue like sap rule. ecs or classic?

br

muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

Behaviour you describe is SAP R/3 standard. I don't remember if you will have the same process (i mean no checks at PO creation in R/3) with an existing info-record.

If yes, you need to make your own checks in SRM using R/3 RFC call on vendor data to test if your SC company code makes part of vendor company codes.

A more elaborate solution is to modify SRM vendor search-help in order to add company code as a search criteria.

Summary also in this thread:

[Vendor filtered by Company Code and not Purchasgin Organization|;

Regards.

Laurent.