cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to delete two extra blanck lines at the end in the target file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My scenario is proxy to file.

But in the target file i have two extra lines at the end which is not desired.

Can anyone suggest any FCC parameters or somethng else that can work?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am using variable substitution since i have many files to generate at the target with differnt file names depending on the incoming content.

So i cannot use dynamic configuration.

In the target payload , i am mapping the file name for each file ,but i am suppressing this content using FCC.

I think that is the source of the problem.

But I will have to use that.

Plz help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Mayank

If you suppose that filename is the origin of this extra lines, then you are not suppressing it correctly in content conversion.

I have some similar scenarios and in FCC, I have an additional record (RES) with 3 fields used in variable substitution.

To avoid this fiels appears in target filename:

RES.fieldFixedLengths --> 0,0,0

RES.fixedLengthTooShortHandling --> Cut

RES.endSeparator --> '0'

Regards,

Carme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Can you use endSeparator as backspace. You put the value as '0x08'. Since you have two extra lines you can use two times.

Regards,

---Satish

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why is the extra lines coming? are you using variable substitution? if so switch to dynamic substitution - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

if not as above, then you can write a custom module that will help avoid the extra lines or a script that can do the trick.

First it would be good to identify why the extra lines are coming so that a better solution can be proposed