cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SMD agents within a HA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been reviewing the Installation documentation and related FAQ's and notes on the installation requirements for SMD agents.

I need to know what the recommended process is for installing the SMD agents (NW 7 version and not the latest agent 7.11) within a Windows 2003 MSCS environment where the CI instance of the installed system resides. The actual managed system has been in use for a long time and was built before the SMD agent installation was included with the NW 7 SR3 DVD distribution.

Therefore I need to know what the recommended process would be to install so that the agent will fail over with the managed system when required and start & stop properly during failover situations.

I've already read other threads on this same question but there seems to be no clear SAP recommendation on the installation requirement.

Regards,

Brian.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do we need to install SMD agent in ASCS server too ?

We have 1 CI and 2 DI on seperate physical host

DB and ASCS are on seperate Virtual host.

How do I go about installing SMD agents ?

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brian

- You need to install separate SMD Agents for each physical host as recommended by SAP.

- Define the server in SMSY with the logical host name.

- The logical host should of course be visible from solution manager

For Example: If you have 1 CI and 2 DI, you need to have 3 SMD Agents installed one each on each physical server.

(Select Local host during SMD Installation - Don't select Virtual host; recommendation from SAP)

Follow the available documentation in order to install the agents, as you would do in a single machine.

I hope it's useful enough to contribute to your installation.

Best regards,

Guilherme Balbinot

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on May 31, 2010 11:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

I have just done this, SMD is installed in every node (Only ASCS is clustered) but when I go to Extractor Framwork I can not see any extractor for Change Analysis only:

CONFIGURATION (ABAP) Host E2E_CCDB_ABAP_EXTRACTOR_LOC E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (CENTRAL TECHNICAL CONFIGURATION) Host E2E_CCDB_CTC_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (FILE SYSTEM) Host E2E_CCDB_FS_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (JMX) Host E2E_CCDB_JMX_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (OS COMMAND) Host E2E_CCDB_OS_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (SCRIPT CONFIGURATION) Host E2E_CCDB_SCRI_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (SYSTEM LANDSCAPE DIRECTORY) Host E2E_CCDB_SLD_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

CONFIGURATION (WINDOWS REGISTRY CONFIGURATION) Host E2E_CCDB_WINREG_EXTRACTOR E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC_NO_RR

WORKLOAD ANALYSIS (INTROSCOPE DATA) Host E2E_JAVA_EXTRACTOR_IF E2E_ME_RFC_ASYNC

Moreover If I start willy Introscope webview, at tab Investigator --> Super Domain --> Node --> .. SAPHostAgent SMDA97

I can not see any elemt in the tree as EXP for de SID of the system, whereas If I go to any system whis is not installed in MSCS I can see an element tree with the name of SID (DES for development).

Could you please help on this?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

ERP system was bad set up in SMSY, I have set up ERP EhP correctly and everything is fine now!

Best regards.