cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in excel download in WDJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue with excel download in Webdynpro for Java Application.

Im using Link To URL UI element for the export to excel.

First Case:When I execute a reort and click on Export to Excel, in the same session, the correct data is filled in excel file.(i.e same as the one on screen).

Second Case:Whereas if i execute a report and go to another IE window, and come back to the report screen after 2-3 minutes, and then click on export to excel link, the downloaded data is incorrect, i.e different from the one on screen.

This is a strange issue, as I am not able to correct anything in code too, as in the first case the excel works fine.

Can somebody suggest what could be the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

What kind of report is that? e.g. BI report.

and how frequently this issue occure?

as you said you used a link to URL

means some url is assigned to its context when report is generated.

what i understand is on export to excel you are not performing any operation on data displayed in WD report screen.

instead that excel is fetched from an web address(from other location).

It may possible in 2 3 mins data from that location may change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Thanks for the reply.

Even I was thinking on the same lines, that the URL gets changed during that time.

But what I fail to undersatnd is that, isnt the URL ,session specific. As in if another user somewhere

else is executing his report, and generating one URL, how can the same URL become applicable for first user,

in another session altogether.??

Am I making sense?

I will try to use another way to download report to excel, using POI api's and button UI element instead of Link to URL,

hope that works.

But is there a resolution for Link to URL issue??

Regards,

Juhi

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It depends upon the type of communication between used in application.

do your application have SSO between portal and backend? if you are using FMs

do your application have statless/statefull session beans? if you are using EJBs

at also depends upon the report generation logic.

You can run some test scenarios and check wheather url changes everytime. or it is just the same.