Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple purchase orders with items in one IDOC

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team

Now i got a the below requirement. please check and suggest me accordingly.

1. In my souce system (ie legacy system) i have a table which is having PO related header and item data. now i need to post that data into SAP by using IDOC. so now i need to create a IDOC in middleware system with PO related data. Here my question is for how many POs i can create 1 idoc, i mean i want to know what is the maximum PO's i can put in 1 IDOC. parallely i want to see the performance issue also. so please suggest me on what is the maximum no of POs with item data i can put in 1 idoc and suggest me what is the preffered limit based on performance issues.

2. Suppose if i put 10 POs in 1 idoc, out of which there is issue with PO data for 1 PO in that idoc. so i want to know whether the idoc will process or not. if process how many PO's it will process. is it like 9 POs it will process and 1 PO it wont process. please clarify.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagaraju,

As others suggested you can use 1 idoc per po. So for each header and its items in XI a message will be created.

Else

With select statement you can select all the POs and change the occurrence of idoc from 1..1 to 1..unbounded. Now also one message will be created in xi, (within the message you will have multiple idocs) but when posting in sap each one post as a seperate idoc. Here the advantage is you have one message where as in another you have multiple messages. But the disadvantage is trouble shooting might have some issues and if it is more than 1000 idocs the performance may take a hit. Here 1000 is just an example.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

solved issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use IDOC Package Concept for grouping multiple in 1 IDOC.

Answer for Point 2.

In IDOC Packaging, if one IDOC fails, remaining IDOC will be posted in green in R/3 and Remaning 1 IDOC as Red.

Regards,

R.Ragu

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested in above post use 1 idoc per PO. Also performance wise as per our project experience at a time in Single message send at max 1000 PO ultimately 1000 IDocs.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 PO 1 Idoc....which in turn is easy for monitoring...u can also check for idoc packages

former_member209912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello prabhu

Its good to see your answer. i am looking for all possibilities to take care of performance also.

Anyways thanks for your quick reply.

Regards

Raj