cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP -- should backup and archiving stopped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can anyone tell me if we need to stop the backups and the Brarchive when doing the EHP4 installation on the Prd server.

Thanks,

k

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DB in use?

Its recommended to take Consistent DB Backup before starting EHP Installation. So that You must be able to recover the database to its state before the enhancement package installation was started.

To optimize the performance of the EHP Installation process, its required to disable Archive Log Mode in your Database. So that during process the Archive Log Files will not be generated.

You can change the DB Recovery mode corresponding to your DB Platform as mentioned in "Troubleshooting and Administration Guide- For Installations Using SAPehpi" which is available at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Also refer the EHP Installation guide to get more information.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have read the installation guide but still want to be clear.

I have taken a file system backup and database backup before starting the EHP installation.

So you say we need to stop the backups and also disable the archives when doing the EHP installation.

In our production system we have scheduled BR archives 4 times in a day , do we have to disable the Brachives.

Thanks

Kris

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So you say we need to stop the backups and 
also disable the archives when doing the EHP installation.

If, Any Backup Job is scheduled during the this Planned Installation activity of EHP then stop it. You will have to take immediate Backup of your DB, after successful completion of EHP installation activities. Do not perform any Backup job while EHP Installation Process is running.

In our production system we have scheduled BR archives 4 times in a day , 
do we have to disable the Brachives.

After taking consistent DB Backup and before starting the EHP Installation activity, you will have to Disable Archiving log mode . After disabeling tha Archive Log Mode, no more archive log files will be generated.

After completion of EHP Installation activity , immediate consistent DB Backup is recommended before activating Archive Log mode. This will bridge the gape between the Archive log files chain which is required for DB recovery.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have cancelled the brbackup and the BRarchive which is run for every 5hours and also set to the

no archive mode in sqlplus

thanks..

Kris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct