cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Livecache???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to upgrade the SCM 5.1 to SCM 7.0 with Livecache 7.7.04 and Optimizer. I´m following the the upgrade guide of the SCM and in the chapter 3.24, it indicates how to make the upgrade of the livecache, but it says to download the transactional data before the upgrade the livecache.

With the report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70, there are all the steps necessary for the upgrade of the livecache or I´ve to user the guide upgrade livecache? Save the transactional data is to do the simple bakcup,no?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben Torres,

When you run the upgrade the SCM 5.1 to SCM 7.0 please follow the SCM 7.0 upgrade guide.

And when you will be stopped in the source upgrade release and asked to run the report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 steps of the section A and then B, please do it. Please be sure

That the B section step to download the liveCache data was done before the upgrade downtime

in the source upgrade release system.

Then in target upgrade release almost at the end of the upgrade the upgrade will be stopped

For the liveCache upgrade & run of the C section steps of the report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70. Please follow the SCM 7.0 liveCache upgrade guide to run the LCA/liveCache upgrade first, then run the C section steps of the recommended upgrade report.

You could not restore the backup of the SCM 5.1 liveCache instance to SCM 7.0 liveCache instance.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina