cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution_Manager error (icm/host_full_name)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am executing t.code "solution_manager" in the Solution Manager system and immediately I get this error, "Profile parameter icm/host_name_full is not set correctly (see long text)".

The help, gives me the follwoing information :

"Set the profile parameter icm/host_name_full correctly. For more information, see SAP Notes 434918 and 677118."

I have set the instance profile parameter called "icm/host_name_full" and set its value to the server and domain. But, when i try to activate the profile I saw error message Unknown error activating profile <SID>_DVEBMGS03_<Server name>.

Really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Anang78

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like a problem with system profiles. Is this installed or copied system?

Did you try following?:

in RZ10 click utilities>Import profiles>of active servers. This will import the profiles your system is currently using

Make the change in your profile again (add icm/host_name_full entry)

Save and activate profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Przemyslaw,

Thank you very much for your advice. It is really help and now I can activate the profile.

To All,

Thank a lot because contribute the idea.

Regards,

Anang78

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member512539
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Preferred name form is in small letters.

Run hostname command (if Unix). Try also nslookup command to check the conversion between the name and the IP address.

Check also your /etc/hosts (Unix) or c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) file and add lower and uppercase names for the hosts . See this example:

192.168.2.100  ACMSAPDO2 acmsapdo2

Please post back the results of hostname, nslookup and contents of hosts file if this does not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the result nslookup (WIndows) :-

C:\>nslookup acmsapd02.acm-holdings.com

• Can't find server name for address 192.168.3.11: Non-existent domain

Server: UnKnown

Address: 192.168.3.11

Name: acmsapd02.acm-holdings.com

Address: 192.168.4.7

C:\>nslookup 192.168.4.7

• Can't find server name for address 192.168.3.11: Non-existent domain

Server: UnKnown

Address: 192.168.3.11

• UnKnown can't find 192.168.4.7: Non-existent domain

C:\>

And below is the result at host:-

127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.4.7 ACMSAPD02 acmsapd02 ACMSAPD02.acm-holdings.com

Regards,

Anang78

former_member512539
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This looks like the configuration I have in my system (although it is Unix), so I don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using windows 2003. I had check profile file in OS level and notices the version still 0001. However in RZ10 the profile version is 27. I've stop sap services but the parameter is not take effect.

Anybody have same issue with me please share here!

Thank you

regards,

Anang78

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

specify icm/host_full_name profile parameter value in your instance profile and activate the same after saving.

Then , in your C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file, add the entry as followed.

<IP Address of the host where Solman is installed>	<host-name>	<alias- fully Qualified Name>

e.g.

192.168.0.20 ablplsolman ablplsolman.ablpl.com

Then restart your Solman Instance to get this into effect.

Again Execute soution_manager t-code

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide the value you have give to that parameter? I belive, u need to give that in small letters. Its like ICM/HOST_NAME_FULL =<hostname>.in.<companyname>.com. After that a restart is required.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for youradvice.

The value for the parameter ICM/HOST_FULL_NAME=XXXXXXXX.com. However I have try to put small latter is like XXXXXXX.com but not work.

Regards

Edited by: anang78 on Apr 23, 2010 5:54 AM