cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which file Encoding have to use for Hebrew and german czch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the hebrew ,german and czch charecters in my input payload and I am collecting the data in .csv file.

the charecters are like this

אישור אספקה עבור אספקות יוצאות

Confirmare primire livrare pt. livrări de ieşire (CPL)

for this type of charecters which Encoding I have to use.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

What ever your target system is expecting you created the file. So ask them to load and see whether they have any issues or not. What stefan is suggesting you is if they load and if they have errors you may get more information. So dont worry. Dont think you are doing wrong. Just ask them to upload.

Regards,

---Satish

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> for this type of charecters which Encoding I have to use.

Ask the receiver of the file, which encoding is expected, and do not just guess.

System Integration is not guessing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

they want the data in csv format.which encoding in file adapter file I have to use

Regards

Edited by: gangadhar kh on Mar 12, 2010 9:30 AM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> they want the data in csv format.which encoding in file adapter file I have to use

csv is not a character encoding.

Ask them please which character encoding the file should have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

they have asked me to simply dump the data in .csv file . the data I am getting from sender side they are having hebrew charecters

there are some scenarios are runing in which they have already used

file type-text

file Encodeing -ISO-8859-8 for local folder

and for when they are using FTP they are using the

Only file type -binary.

I reallly don't know how to handle this .

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you "simply" should dump the data, then use "simply" UTF-8

I do not know, if any other codepage has Hebrew and Chech characters the same time.

But in my opinion, it is not your task to figure this out.

Something is going wrong in your project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one plz explain on wht basis we have to decide that which encoding we have to use in receiver file adapter?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me on this?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first if your target people are not able to provide any encoding then try to put the file in binary mode.

Also are you facing any problem with the encoding which you have used currently? After reading the thread of replies I am not getting what is the problem. are the special characters getting changed to some question mark or box?

Regards

Suraj

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can any one plz explain on wht basis we have to decide that which encoding we have to use in receiver file adapter?

You put that encoding which the receiver of the file expects.

Is this unusual in your project, that you talk to people?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I have the already checked with binary also. there are some speical charecters are there but I have checked without special charecter also I am getting the same type of data in output file........

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have the already checked with binary also. there are some speical charecters are there but I have checked without special charecter also I am getting the same type of data in output file........

What exaclty is the issue that you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

My issue is that I sending the data frm Xi to .csv file.

In that data I am having the hebrew charecters and german also like this beow

התאמות לישראל: מדד מתואם -ספר ראשי

I have checked using binary, UTF8 ,UTF16 also but it didn'd work

receving side I am getting the data in this format

׳u201D׳×׳׳ž׳u2022׳× ׳œ׳u2122׳©׳¨׳׳œ: ׳¨׳u203A׳u2022׳© ׳§׳u2018׳u2022׳¢

Can you plz tell me why this problem coming which encoding I have to use for this.............

Regards

GANGA

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can you plz tell me why this problem coming which encoding I have to use for this.............

This problem is coming because you try to access the file with Notepad which does not make any sense at all.

Send the output of your file adapter to the receiving system and check if it can be uploaded there.

abhay_aggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

I have the access to the receiver folder where I can check the data which I am sending. there only I am getting this data.

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have the access to the receiver folder where I can check the data which I am sending. there only I am getting this data.

>

Do I talk Russian? You cannot verify the data with Notepad.

And besides: Even when you can read the data, that does not mean that the data are correct.

So provide the data to the receiving system and check, if the data can be understood there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As people already mentioned..

Its perfectly okay to ask questions. So you can ask the sender systems which encoding they are using to send the file? Or the Receiver system guys which encoding they expect ?

Its perfectly okay to give the receiver system a file which you think might be incorrect. Let them check it. They can get back to you with the corrections?

You wont be able to verify the file using Notepad since it doesnt support all the chars.

Maybe you can try Notepad++ or someother software & compare the HEX values.

Thanks.

Sumit

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Maybe you can try Notepad++ or someother software & compare the HEX values.

That does not help, when you do not know which hex values are expected

You can do following: rename the file with suffix: .txt, then open with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Go in menu View -> encoding. Choose the encoding that you have given in file adapter attributes.

If you put binary in file adapter, the encoding is UTF-8.

Now you should be able to see the characters correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have used the ISO-8859-8 encoding standard but Issue is in german , Czch Republic ,Sokavia, and many language are coming because of that only

Rola - mobilná údržba(actual)data

Rola - mobilnֳ¡ ֳ÷drֵ¾ba

like this only . so how I can handle multiple encoding for one file.

is it possible to use multiple encoding standard for one file.

Plz let me know

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> is it possible to use multiple encoding standard for one file.

No.