cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rdisp/max_wprun_time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I set the parameter sap rdisp/max_wprun_time = 7200 and I see transactions finished of this limit.

But today I see a session (DIA) which runs more than 144591 sec.

I suppose this is possible, if the session run several steps and each step does not exceed the limit on rdisp/max_wprun_time.

I am wrong? May be another reason?

May impose a time limit on execution of a process (DIA) regardless steps taken by transaction in the back?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wp trace has not said very much.

User to run the report did not know anything about a program still running.

He said he now run 2 days, a report endless, but closed the connection to SAP in the meantime. In what way has closed connection? ... I do not know ....

I had to kill the sap wp (sm50 - Cancel with core).

Considering that I have never met before such a situation, I think it was an isolated case, and (at least temporarily) close the issue.

Thank you for your support.

Regards ...

manoj_nayak2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can u restart the MMC. May be it happen for this reason

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In sm50 wp has the status "running" .

But after I opened WP the only thing that changes on "refresh" is the value for "Time".

Values for "Database" and "Roles / Memory" remain unchanged and the "Action Table" and "Waiting f. not reported anything.

Using st04-(monitor session ")...i observe the oracle session has status "inactive"... and os sesions not use processor.

Also, monitoring the memory allocated for this WP ,we noticed that the value of memory does not change.

So I suppose it is a process hanging ... and I preparing to kill the sap process.

Should do other tests to make sure it is a process stuck?

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides db access there are other reasons for blocked work processes like:

- workprocess is in PRIV mode

- endless abap loop

- hanging RFC call

Should do other tests to make sure it is a process stuck?

You can check if the process is running on the cpu, use the task manager or top command on unix. If you see no activity, then the process is most probably not doing anything anymore.

If it is a user, then you might ask him about it, maybe he does have more information.

If you know how, you can use the abap debugger to check what is going on.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The limit from rdisp/max_wprun_time is for ABAP run time. If an SQL request lasts for several hours, this time is not accounted for in the ABAP time out...

I don't know of a way to prevent this "feature"...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of a way to prevent this "feature"...

The only way is to tune the long running sql

As soon as the db request has finished (or run in to some sort of db timeout / ORA-1555), then the workprocess will be canceled because auf rdisp/max_wprun_time

Cheers Michael