Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of NW CE 7.2 can't perform "Start Java engine" phase

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SDN!

I tried to install NW CE 7.2 (Java) on notebook under Win XP SP3 (32 bit) for developing purpose.

Notebook has 3 GB RAM of physical memory.

At the step "Start Java engine" installation stopped with error:

"An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver Developer Edition > Server( Last error reported by the step :Java processes of instance CE1/J00 [Java: MSNOTRUNNING] did not reach state STARTING after 20:00 minutes. Giving up.)"

In the SAP console process "server0" has status "stopped" with exitcode "1 (Forced shutdown case)". Log from developer trace:

I [Thr 5796] MtxInit: 10002 0 2

I [Thr 5796] MPI: dynamic quotas disabled.

I [Thr 5796] MPI init: pipes=4000 buffers=1279 reserved=383 quota=10%

I [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => [MapOsShm] Can't find free space for Shared Memory (Size=84239 KB)

[shmnt0.c 2249]

I [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => [AttachOsShm] MapViewOfFile(Key=62,Handle=0x00000594) failed with Err=0

[shmnt0.c 2249]

I [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => ShmCreate: Attach (62,86260736,2) failed [shmnt0.c 426]

I [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => ShmCreate( ATTACH 62, 86260728) failed 1 [mpixx.c 1064]

I [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => FcaInit: MpiInit failed (rc=MPI_ERROR: General error(1)) [fcaxxcomm.c 928]

I [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => JfcaInit(): Native FCA layer broken: 1 **unknown error occurred** [sfxxjfca.c 5264]

F [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => SfCSapVm::initJniClasses: com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.fca.FCAProperties::mInit() failed (rc = 1) [sfxxjvm.hpp 362]

F [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => SfEInternalError: JNI class init failed [sfxxjvm.hpp 373]

F [Thr 5796] *** ERROR => Operation failed: SfEInternalError: JNI class init failed

[sfxxmain.cpp 1171]

F

F ********************************************************************************

F *** ERROR =>

F ***

F *** Please see section 'Java VM shared library issues'

F *** in SAP Note 1316652 for additional information and trouble shooting advice.

F ********************************************************************************

F

F [Thr 5796] *** LOG => exiting (exitcode -21001, retcode 2).

How to resolve this problem?

Regards, Lev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

which Java Version did you install?

Did you set the JAVA_HOME Environment variables?

regards

Tobias

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Java version - SAP JVM 1.6 which included in NW CE 7.2 installer.

JAVA_HOME pointed into jdk1.4, but this fact didn't affect when I've installed NW CE 7.11...

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

You require higher version of Java for installtion of NW CE 7.2.

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2 :-

Develop and model Java applications with the new powerful, Eclipse 3.4 based SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio and deploy, run and manage those on a solid and scalable Java EE 6 Infrastructure. This package contains all you need to work with Composition and Java tools of SAP NetWeaver. The following components are included:

SAP NetWeaver Application Server, Java(TM) EE 6 Edition

You need to download Java(TM) EE 6 Edition and need to set JAVA_HOME system enviroment variable.

Also check database status in the services file (Run Service.msc)..and change the properties as "Automatic'

Aftet that restart your system and try again to START your NW CE 7.2 server.

Hopt it helps

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev !

I got exactly the same problem...

DB-Instance is running.

I tried all the recommended SAP-Notes and playing with the VM-Parameters in the CONFIG-Tool

--> no success....

I can`t believe, that anybody is running a CE 7.2 system ???

I am running short on ideas...

Any useful ideas are appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now, my system is running.

On my Windows2003 Server, I updated from SP1 -> SP2.

This was the solution.

Kind regards,

Alex

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>

> ...

> You need to download Java(TM) EE 6 Edition and need to set JAVA_HOME system enviroment variable.

>

> Also check database status in the services file (Run Service.msc)..and change the properties as "Automatic'

>

> Aftet that restart your system and try again to START your NW CE 7.2 server.

>

> Hopt it helps

>

> Regards,

> Arun

Hi Arun.

Unfortunatelly it doesn't help. I've got the same error.

Regards, Lev

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex!

Thanks for solution but I'm using Windows XP SP3 rather than Windows2003...

But of course your message will be useful for those who use Win2003 too.

Regards, Lev

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configured Virtual Memory space?

The Supported Operating system to run NW CE is 64 Bit OS.

The installation of SAP NW CE is only supported on 64-bit platforms.

For supported operating system and database releases, see its corresponding[ Product Availability Matrix for NW CE 7.2|http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_EVENT=DISP_NEW&_APP=00200682500000001303&00200682500000002804=01200615320900001418]. SAP JVM 5.1 is recommended to use with SAP CE 7.2 on Windows Platform.

You will face memory address space related issue in 32 bit Windows OS with more than 2 GB of physical memory. You can avoid this problem by switching to 64bit OS Platform. You can refer [SAP Note 129813 - Windows: Problems due to address space fragmentation|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/129813] to get more information.

In that SAP Note 129813, one alternative is mentioned to deal with this address space related issue by activating 3GB feature in your existing Windows OS. Please refer Microsoft KB article [283037 |http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037]and KB [268363|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268363/*] for the same. You will have to edit your boot.ini file to append /PAE switch.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

We have a similar setup in that our dev machine is running 32bit XP SP2 on 4Gb ram. I have only managed to get the java server running after setting the /3GB flag in the boot.ini file.

This flag allows an application to allocate up to 3Gb of virtual address space instead of the default 2Gb. The java engine requires more than 2Gb of virtual address space to start up successfully hence why this flag is relevant in a 32 bit XP environment.

More information on this flag and instructions on how to change the boot.ini file:

[http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEmem.mspx]

[http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022]

regards,

Will

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Will!

Thank you for answer but it seems I've got a strange result.

After I had set this flag and restarted notebook Windows switched screen settings to 640x480, 16 colors and it was impossible to change it to better settings! I mean Windows didn't save new screen settings. This effect was for /3GB, for /3GB /PAE and for /PAE flags.

Also we've replaced 1GB-memory chip with 2-GB (so summary physical RAM was 4GB) and tried these combinations of flags but effect was the same.

regards, Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lev,

I'am having EXACTLY the same problems, included the last one concerning the screen setting.

Did you finally succeed in installing NW CE 7.2?

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Livio

former_member186148
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Livio.

Unfortunatelly no

regards, Lev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check th blog /people/anilkumar.vippagunta2/blog/2010/11/24/shared-memory-issues-during-nw-ce-72-start-up

Anil