Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I activate SCC4 log

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Please let me know how can I activate SCC4 security log so that all changes are recorded.Also please inform me how I am able to see the change log.

Please inform me step by step.

Advance Thanks

Nirmal

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to activate table auditing using parameter rec/client. You can examine audit log in SCU3. Check documentation for parameter rec/client for more info.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to set the parameter rec/client : Activate/Deactivate table auditing and check the log of scc4 in program RSVTPROT for particular table T000. Table logiging effect the system performance as well. So, do this only on your risk and check also with your basis admin team.

Hope this helps..

Edited by: connecpk on Mar 12, 2010 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tcode SCC4 makes modifications to Table T000, and you can only see the user ID and date of the last change.

You have to set-up Table Logging with the Parameter rec/client = ALL in the DEFAULT Profile(on PRD System-- Specific to client on DEV and QA systems)). Then you can see all the changes, before/After and User ID and Time of change

In Utilities Menu bar, their is an option for change logs.

Here you can check the required information/changes.

First of all u need to check if table logging is enabled for table T000....... this can be viewed from SE11...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

prasant K paichha

0 Kudos

and also the DBTABLOG has to be marked in the check box...

and after changing the profile parameter, the system need to be restarted.

There are two kind of errors used to happen for table logging and reading logged data: 1. No record found or incorrect record displayed. 2. Short dump. Note 169670 and 182836 can help in this regard.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the solution ? Able to see the log.