cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search criteria with multiple value on a field

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! May I know how I can include search criteria with multiple value on a field?

Reason why I want to do that is I am using MDM as the SRM-MDM catalogue to be called by SRM (obviously). In order to allow the user to only see a selective set of catalogue items maintained in the catalogue, I have to create a named search with the relevant criteria. This works for simple selection based on suppliers for example. However, I do have other named searches which are using other selection criterias. For example, I want to extract records with a custom field called usage = group A and group B. I can use the Free-Form search for that but can only enter one value. I know I can use the Expression Form to cater for more than 1 selections but this cause a java error when I called the catalogue using the named search saved using this method. So, I am wondering whether there is other way of selecting with multiple values? If not, we will have to raise the issue with SAP on why the call to the catalogue failed when we use Expression Forms for the named search selection.

Thanks!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to select Multiple values for a field by pressing CONTROL key and mouse click from the Normal search parameters. If this selection works then save this to the named search and specify this named search to the Web service definition.

Kindly Check and revert with the result.

Regards,

Shiv

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I don't quite understand what you said here. What I want to achieve is to be able to select record by putting more than 1 value on a field. E.g

Usage = Group A and Group B

However, under Free-Form Search, I can only under Usage, select Operator = and then key in 'Group A'. I can't add more entries.

Appreciate your clarification on this.

Thanks!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select 1st Group A and then using Keyboard selct Contol and then try to selct group B, in this way you can select multiple value from drill down serch.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I cannot do that because there is no drill-down on the field. I have to type in the value Group A but obviously I cannot type in Group B.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

As you dont have this field as lookup , so it will not visible into Drill down search.

I would suggest you to go for Keyword operator under free form search.

Write there assignment exprsseion as:

USAGE = GROUP A OR USAGE = GROUP B

In this way, you can have value's for Both Group's (either of these condition's true) and you can add this search under your named searches.

It should work...

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is field type of field USAGE. is it a look up field or a text field in main table.?

Regards,

Shiv

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry if I have not made myself clear. The usage field is a custom field which I use to restrict the items that the users can view (catalogue). It is actually a lookup field on the main catalogue table. However, I am still not able to get drop-down list on the Free-Form search screen and this field does not appear on the Search Parameter like hierarchy, category as well. Is there a way for me to get this field up on the Search Parameter? Then, perhaps I will be able to selective pick the value by CTRL key.

I did mention that I have used Expression form and it worked. However, when calling this from SRM, it failed. I can potentially go back to SAP but I also thought of getting a backup solution in case we don't get any solution from SAP re this.

Thanks for all who responded so far.

Regards

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

As you said, It is actually a look-up field on the main catalog table.

It will visible in MDM data Manager Drill down search if and only if you set Property Search Tab as Yes for field in main table which is look up to some sub table using MDM Console.

Once you done , you will see this field as well in Drill down search and can pick more than one value using CTRL key.

Other alternative i would suggest you is that, if you have any field of type text is blank in you main table say FIELDGA. Populate this field against the records who has USAGE = Group A using assignment.

So, in this way you would have two fields in Free Form Search criteria, select value Group A from field FIELDGA in search selection and using original field USAGE select GROUP B. In this way u can achieve this.

Better to go with property Search Tab = Yes for that lookup field in main table using MDM console.

Kindly revert with the result.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Mandeep. Check in the console. The Property "Search Tab" on the lookup field should be set to "Yes".

Once you set this property to Yes, then You can see this field value for selection in the data manager "Search parameters" pane on the left hand side. Also you can select multiple values of the field for record selection by keep pressing Control Key and clicking on multiple values with mouse. Once selection is done, you can save this selection as named search and can specify this named search in you catalog web service in SRM system. this will restrict user to see only those records which fits in the search criteria defined by you.

Revert if you face any problem.

Regards,

Shiv

Answers (0)