cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrectly formed XML Vendor Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using standard business content in XI to generate XML files for the Vendor repository.

Most of the generated files are ok and can be uploaded with the Import manager. However some files are not well-formed and have syntax errors. On trying to open such files the import manager gives the error "Illegal XML Character".

Any pointers on what maybe the cause of such a problem ?.

Regards,

Jeron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a simple tip to solve the XSD error.

1)Export the structure from Datamanager to a Microsoft Access 2003 with updated Service pack.

2) open the Structure in Access and export the data in XSD.

3) Now plug in the XSD to MDM port for standardizing the XML Syndication.

Now i am sure it works.

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeron,

Where is the data originating from? If it's R/3, then the IDOC probably contains characters that are considered illegal according to the XML standard. And since XI doesn't validate the XML, the illegal characters end up in the XML that it sends to MDM. The MDM Import Manager does validate the XML so that's where you notice the error. However the problem is probably in the original data source.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeron,

We had same problem with this kind of issues during process of import using Import Manager. I encountered similar problem but not same problem.

What you should do is,

1) Download your XSD from MDM console

2) Download your XML file which is having problem

3) Open your XML file using software XMLSPY

4) select <i>Assign XSD</i> from menu bar

5) Input your XSD file in popup screen.

6) validate your XML file against XSD using Green button

Then you will pointed to right place of error.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Reddi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Reddi, your suggestion helped solved the problem.

Richard, your diagnosis is correct. The illegal characters in the XML file coming from R3 caused the parsing error.

This maybe a common issue and keeps recurring in many of our files and fixing them manually on a case by case basis is tedious. I was wondering whether anyone has a more automated solution.

Regards,

Jeron