Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative for WBS BOM

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

In standard BOM for PP in T-code eg cs01 I can write alternative. But if I want to create WBS BOM with T-code cs71 I can't see such field for alternative. I checked in help.sap.com that alternative for WBS BOM are not used. I don't know why but there is not alternative filed in CS71.

So is there any other way to get alternatives for WBS BOM like modification, exit etc.

I checked SAP notes for this but I can't find.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello

Thank you for your answers.

I have business process where I need WBS alternative. Why? Because of history of changes. My client wants to have 2 versions of one WBS BOM. One for history only and second for operative work. After some changes in WBS BOM and finish the project my client wants to analyse historical version which is created when project starts and the last operative version of the same WBS BOM.

@Uddhab

>If we prepare two BOM for a single WBS and attach the same in the WBS, then 2 requirement will flow and there will additional >quantity in the production.

Yes, if we attach. I want to attach only one WBS BOM so I don't multiply quantity.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to have history of changes made to BOM, then you could use Change Management functionality, where in you will create change number everytime you made changes to BOM and later you can run a report to view these changes. I will suggest you to explore SAP HELP and also consult your PP Consultant, he may know how to do this.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Ahmed

I have consulted this with my PP consultant and this is one option, second was alternative or something like this.

As I can see that there isn''t anything in WBS BOM like alternatives in standard BOM. I thought maybe you can know some SAP notes etc.

So ok, I close this topic.

Thank you all for your answers

Regards

Adam

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good discussion

Thanks for all your contributions - Ahmed, Uddhab and Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

This is because for any practical business process, there can not be more than one BOM for a WBS element. If we prepare two BOM for a single WBS and attach the same in the WBS, then 2 requirement will flow and there will additional quantity in the production.

However if we see that there are alternate BOM at material level because a single material (FERT / HALB) can be attached to multiple WBS element , if required.

Thanks,

Uddhab

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is quite good observation. One reason I could think is that all other bom are defined at level of Order while WBS BOM is defined at at not project definition. So, for same project you can have n no. of WBS and in turn n no. of BOM.

With Regards

Nitin P.