cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update erro " M2 012: Error determining posting period (info structure S014

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting below error after saving sales order.

"M2 012: Error determining posting period (info structure S014"

I have refered SAP note 10891.

Its saying -

Solution

1. The fiscal year variant C1 has to exist in the client. It can be

copied from the delivery client or manually entered in the appropriate

client.

2. If the CAS sales summary is not used, the update of the sales summary

(info structure S014) can be deactivated.

For this, call the table maintenance transaction for T182E. The

"Update statistics" column (technical field name: AKTIV) should be

blank for the listed sales document types.

After creating the fiscal year variant or deactivating S014, useTransaction SM13 to update the update records that have been terminated.

But i did not understand this. Please explain me this sloution or you have any other idea please let me know.

Help me friends in fixing this error

cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First go to "OMO1" and select the Infostructure "S014" and double click on it and see If you have FIscal Year varinat assigned to it. If it is not, assign the Varaint "C1" at the fiscal year varinat field. And now go to SM13 and see If the update requests are pending or processed. By Assigining the fiscal year variant to the infostructure ,we tell the system to update at the end of each fiscal year variant(Like at every quarter in a year). If you are sure that the sales summary is not used ,then in the same "OMO1" select no updating. Kindly please let me know If you need any more help on this.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked OMO1 and there is no Infostructure "S014" available there. What cane be the root cause for this error?

cheers

shalsa007...........

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If credit management is activated, then you may have to refer note 37532 which says as follows:-

Summary

Symptom

1. The credit limit used in percent in the list of blocked documents is incorrect.

2. The check takes schedule lines into account which are actually outside the credit horizon and vice versa.

3. Transaction termination M2012 error in determining the posting period information structure S066, variant &, RC 3

Additional key words

S066 VKM1 VKM2 VKM3 VKM4 VKM5 RVKRED01

Cause and prerequisites

During the credit update it is possible to post the open order values to the period splits day, week, month and posting period.

The update in the posting period is not universally supported, it can however unfortunately be set in the Customizing of the Logistics Information System (OMO1).

Solution

Conversion of the credit update to month, week or day. To do this, you must proceed as follows:

1. Delete the data in table S066 using database resources (transaction SE11) or use Problem Note 17751, which describes how to delete the actual data per client.

2. Convert the period split to day, week, month (OMO1)

3. Reorganize table S066 with program RVKR2277 in Release 2.2 or RVKRED77 in Release 3.0 in all clients.

4. Check and adjust the horizons in the automatic credit checks in all clients (OVA8).

5. As of Release 3.0D, a period posting may no longer be chosen as a period split for Infostructre S066.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is some discrepancy with financial data.

SAP is suggesting 2 alternatives :

1. Create a fiscal year variant C1 which is not available in your client. You can check with FICO consultant regarding fiscal year variant . T.code is OB29.

2. Second more suitable alternative is to deactivate update of infostructure S014.

So for this first go to t.code OMO1 .check for S014 in middle FYV column "C1 " value is present or not ?

You can change it there . or goto T.Code MC25 select infostr S014 and then select rule as NO Updating.

This will do your work.

Regards

Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked t.code OMO1 and there is no entry for S014. What can be done in this caes?

We have fiscal year variant C1 alreday but can you tell me what entires and how entries can be maintained here

cheers

shalsa007..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the statistic-relevant date fields in the document to determine whether the date fields of the document are correct or maintain the fiscal year variant affected in Customizing of FI.

Check the date fields in the S.O which will be in different format

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be more specific. I mean you are saying to check the date format or something else?

cheers

shalsa007............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the datefields (del date )in the sales order at the line item level which could be in difeerent format .

REgards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have checked and it was correct. Is there any other workaround?

cheers

shalsa007..............