cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Developer Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to install the developer workplace on my local machine. The installation process stops at point 21 Start SAP J2EE Engine. It tries for 20 minutes and then it stops. When i look at the developer trace i see the following error:

can't adjust privileges (RC=1300 jstartnt.c 1056 and RC=-1 jstartnt.c 961 )

I hope somebody can help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Maarten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

check this thread once

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't do it, but a common problem with J2EE is that memory problem makes installation stopped.Try to increase virtual memory and RAM if it is less than 1GB.

Another problem occures if JAVA path is not set in System Environment Variables.

Try it.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Thx for your answer, but i think this is not the solution. My desktop pc has an internal memory of 3GB and the Java Developer Kit is also present.

So i hope somebody else does know something.

Regards Maarten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

I am experiencing this same problem. My local Developer workplace returns with this error. If you have figured it by now, can you let me know how you fixed it?

Thanks

Raj Balakrishnan

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In your profile file on your local pc. There is a property called something with Trimming. You should set this value to "off". Restart the installation and you will see it will work.

I will look tomorrow at work and will post the exact property name and path to the profile.

Hope it helps.

Regards Maarten.

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As promissed here the exact parameter name: <b>jstartup/trimming-properties=off</b>. The parameter should be changed in your profile file. This file can be found here:<b>C:\usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\profile\....</b>.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Maarten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

Thank you very much for the information. Too bad, I did not start this thread, otherwise I would have awarded you the points.

Thanks

Raj Balakrishnan