cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Printing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts:

I had to create some PDF with Interactive forms in WebDynpro for Java.

PDF are OK, but the client needs to send to printer the pdf automaticaly, just after the pdf is created.

He doesent want to press the printing button in the PDS, and he doesen´t want to select the printer.

What the client needs is to press a button on a web page that says print PDF, and WDJ must automaticaly create the PDF, and send to printer the document, without any other action on the client´s side.

Just one click for creating the pdf and printing.

Like in the supermarket, when you buy, the printer generates the bill automaticaly.

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

This is broadcast printing, which requires BI-Java.

Web broadcaster: http://<BI-ABAP hostname>:80<nn>/SAP/BW/BEX?cmd=start_broadcaster70

Here it enables you to save all variants into a template for the report, and then with or without PDF output the final report can be forwarded to the designed printer printed out, or as an email link to Portal report iView.

Regards,

Effan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just searched the web for "xfa print" and found this:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/acrobat_designer/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?conte...

I've no experience with this method, but the description seems to fit to your question.

Ralf

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again, did they help you? Did you find the solution? Have a nice day, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

No solution yet.

I need to automatic print in web dynpro for java with adobe forms. No Abap code or program.

I think with XFA is the right way to do it. Not shure how.

Thanks for asking

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a forum Printing under ABAP where you will find people like Sandra Rossi who always know how to solve this printing problems. Maybe you can ask there and if they would solve the problem with you, you can come back here and share your solution with us:))

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

Any other Ideas?

I need to use Interactive Forms, and WebDynpro for Java.

Is there a way to script in the PDF the commands for printing just after the pdf is ready?

Thanks again.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could do that in WD ABAP, so I think that definitely IS possible in WD Java. But I have no experience with WD Java and thus cannot give you the coding for a solution. I am looking forward to see a solution from somebody else (even if I won´t understand a key-word:))) Have a nice day,

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same question for WebDynpro ABAP.

Otto Gold, could you explain how do that in WebDynpro ABAP ?

Best regards,

Sebastien

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I had the scenario like this:

- i had a form

- i had a WDA app, form integrated into the WDA app

- a weak point of my "answer" is that the form was not meant for WD use, it was a print form integrated into the WDA

- then, for printing, I just skipped all the WDA part and send it to the printer.

The problem is, that WDJ should be able to do both WDA + "ordinary printforms", but I don´t know how. I consider WDJ a little outdated and never had time or reason to learn it. Sorry, if the previous answer or this one are little misleading.

In my opinion WDA app is used when you want to fill the form. I have not played much with the integration things, but maybe I wouldbe able to get the data stream of the form, get xml data out of the form and use it for a fresh/ new printing program call. If there are any shortcuts or framework parts that could help, I am not aware of these.

Otto