cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which i have to maintain around 500 key value pair in XI mapping.

I can put it in fix values but its time consuming.

I've seen blogs on Value Mapping but im not sure if we can upload files or copy/paste the values?

And one more question is whether we need to haev parties to use value mapping?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will have to manually key in values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sakthi,

You have to do manually keying in. If you have to upload new pair in the future then you need to once again key in dev and transport to prod. You can use ths blog as preference:

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

If you want to upload via interface:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dd2ae-f783-2c10-9aa6-ca69f67dd...

Else as michal suggested create a table in SAP XI ABAP stack and write a simple funciton module and use an rfc lookup.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I've seen blogs on Value Mapping but im not sure if we can upload files or copy/paste the values?

you cannot copy&paste and you cannot upload files unless you do it via an interface (value mapping replication - many blogs about it)

>>>And one more question is whether we need to haev parties to use value mapping?

yes

that's why sometimes it's better to have a table in ERP to store those values and use RFC lookup

to get them - this way it's very simple and clean

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk