cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfiguring SAP 7.10 already installed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario: SAP 7.10 GUI installed but without certain options which were setup as a package via the administrative tool. So for example, we have the SCM Add-On not installed as part of the basic setup.

We want to install the SCM Add-On for users that only needs it, however we also want to do that with SEM Add-On, so some users could have neither of these, one of them, or both.

It doesn't appear that I can use

nwsapsetup /install /product="BW350" /silent

for either the SCM or SEM and may need to define a new package with the admin tool, however that brings other issues like how to handle the uninstall of that specific add-on if the other add-on is installed (ie.: user wants to keep SEM but remove SCM, and other possibilities with these two).

Anybody recommend what's the best way of handling this?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

run SAP GUI exe, it will ask you to select component, you can install from there it would keep the existing config intact and add will add new comnponent.

Thanks,

prasant K paichha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right but that's the manual method.

At any rate, creating a new 'package' with the admin tool with the option I want did the trick. I didn't know whether installing another package silently would undo anything prior to that plus it also works great when uninstalling as the other installed components are left as is.