cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SRM workflow, i heard it is not similar to ECC workflow. I have worked on ECC but not on SRM.

Now i have an object i.e. PR workflow in SRM (Creating PR from Portal with "n" level approval). Any one pls post a document to complete the task.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tim, I heard in SRM we have to create schema, BRF events. We have to find the agents in BADI's and triggering workflow also, i mean with out touching workflow. In this case how can we handle Deadline monitoring ?

I am completely new to this process, it will be great help if any one post some useful links and documents.

Thanks,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Deadline monitoring can be done via various ways:

1. You can configure alert management, informing/triggering on specified event at specified intervals.

2. Reporting: If your SRM system is setup with linkage to your SAP-BW system reporting transactions will be available, you can enhance the standard and implement new reports aswell.

Are you on SRm 7.0 or SRM 5.0? Do you use the Application Controlled Workflow or the Process Controlled Workflow?

SAP SRM 7.0 help link: [SAP SRM 7.0 help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a06084de10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

SAP SRM 5.0 help link: [SAP SRM 5.0 help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/55/711e14c0681f418b8b7722fd3c0dc6/frameset.htm]

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tim. I will try to use alert configuration for deadline monitoring. Do you have any specific links or documents for this?

I am using SRM7.0 i.e. process controlled workflow. Could you pls tell me the procedure to do a complete workflow scenario in SRM7.0.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu.

Edited by: BHANU P R gattu on Mar 12, 2010 1:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Alert management configuration: https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/instguides -> Business Suite Applications -> SAP SRM -> SAP SRM Server 7.0 -> Configuration Guides for SRM 7.0 -> Basic Settings for SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0 -> page 124

Process Controlled workflow: 'define process levels' transaction /SAPSRM/SAPLWF_P_CFG to view process levels for business objects. For example for BUS2200 RFx. Additional information on Process Controlled Workflow customizing is also proved in above document 'Basic Settings for SAP Supplier Relationship Management 7.0'.

I hope this will be usefull, with this information you should be able to find out all the things you want to do.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tim.

Sorry for asking more questions, but i need some more guidance from you. Hope you understand.

I have defined 2 process schemas for BUS2121. I have assigned a BRF Event to BUS2121 and assigned Expression to BRF Event. My questions here is, how can I select Correct Process Schema using BRF Expression ? What exactly I have to do to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu,

Could you please explain what kind of workflow you're trying to setup, it was RFx related but what flow do you require?

Are you trying to configure custom BRF workflows or are your required workflows delivered as standard by SAP (f.e. 1-step manager approval).

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Tim,

We are developing shopping Cart Workflow (BUS2121- N level Approval). For this we have defined custom Process Schema's and one custom BRF event. In BRF Event Expression we are trying to identify correct Process schema through a class method.

But i do not have idea how to select correct process schema based on conditions.

Could you please suggest me, how to achieve this? any sample code?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bhanu Gattu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your schema evaluation should return a schema name.

You can create BRF expression with 0CF001 and copy the FM /SAPSRM/WF_BRF_0EXP001 and implement your logic.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Masa.

Now I am able to choose Process schema. But here my concern is Schema evaluation is happening before SC is ordered.

i.e. when i click "Describe what you need" BRF event is getting triggered and my expression to choose Process Schema. But by that time document GUID is not available in SAP ( In my case i have to trigger process schema based on CATALOGID) . How can I achieve this?

Now i am thinking to use one process schema, and trigger different Process levels based on catalog id. Is this possible ? If Yes how can i handle and where?

Please correct me if i am wrong. because I am completely new to SRM Workflow.

Thanks,

Bhanu Gattu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is just a simulation call to display approval process preview.

I guess your real question is how to get GUID and SC details.

You need to pass context object to the FM in your BRF expression parameters. 0C_C1_C_FWFSCRLCNTNT is for SC.

Please look at the FM /SAPSRM/WF_BRF_0EXP001 or /SAPSRM/WF_BRF_0EXP000.

• get event object

lo_wf_brf_event ?= io_event.

• get Context Container from BRF event

lo_context_provider = lo_wf_brf_event->get_context_provider( ).

CALL METHOD lo_context_provider->get_document

IMPORTING

ev_document_guid = lv_document_guid

ev_document_type = lv_document_type.

CASE lv_document_type.

WHEN 'BUS2121'.

• Get shopping cart instance

lo_wf_pdo_sc ?= /sapsrm/cl_wf_pdo_impl_factory=>get_instance(

iv_document_guid = lv_document_guid

iv_document_type = lv_document_type

iv_pdo_event_handling = abap_false

).

TRY. " get SC details

lo_pdo_bo_sc ?= lo_wf_pdo_sc->/sapsrm/if_wf_pdo~get_pdo( ).

CALL METHOD lo_pdo_bo_sc->get_header_detail

IMPORTING

es_header = ls_header.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, Masa.

I am able to get GUID, but SC details is not possible because schema evaluation is triggering before creating the SC it self. In this case from where we can get the SC details?

Could you please let me know, how can we check different conditions at process level and agents also?

Thanks,

Bhanu Gattu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share your program code. Which method do you call? What kind of exception do you get?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using below code for schema evaluation. I am getting failed at CALL METHOD lo_pdo_sc->/sapsrm/if_pdo_base~get_item_list ( because item list will not be available in SRM at this point of time).

lo_wf_pdo ?= /sapsrm/cl_wf_pdo_impl_factory=>get_instance(

iv_document_guid = iv_document_guid

iv_document_type = /sapsrm/if_pdo_obj_types_c=>gc_pdo_shop

).

lo_pdo_sc ?= lo_wf_pdo->get_pdo( ).

TRY.

CALL METHOD lo_pdo_sc->get_header_detail

IMPORTING

es_header = ls_header.

CALL METHOD lo_pdo_sc->/sapsrm/if_pdo_base~get_item_list

EXPORTING

it_parent_guid = lt_header_guid

IMPORTING

et_item_guid = lt_item_guid.

CATCH /sapsrm/cx_pdo_wrong_bus_type

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_pd_read_error

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_lock_failed

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_no_authorizatio

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_parameter_error

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_status_error

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_incons_user

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_abort

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_error.

ev_data_missing = 'X'.

EXIT.

ENDTRY.

CLEAR lt_item.

LOOP AT lt_item_guid REFERENCE INTO lr_item_guid.

TRY.

CALL METHOD lo_pdo_sc->get_item_detail

EXPORTING

iv_item_guid = lr_item_guid->guid

IMPORTING

et_item = lt_item_i.

APPEND LINES OF lt_item_i TO lt_item.

CATCH /sapsrm/cx_pdo_no_authorizatio

/sapsrm/cx_pdo_abort .

ev_data_missing = 'X'.

EXIT.

ENDTRY.

ENDLOOP.

LOOP AT lt_item INTO wa_item.

IF wa_item-catalogid IS NOT INITIAL.

ev_value = 'CATALOGID'.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

Could you please let me know the process level procedure. I am not sure where to write conditions?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get same error when SC is ordered? or just only for approval preview?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is getting triggered when i select "Describe what you want" on portal before ordering the SC.

i.e. this schema evaluation is happening before create or order of a SC.

Thanks,

Bhanu Gattu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

My requirement is when ever a user creates a SC ( Catalog or non Catalog) it has to go through certain level approvals based on Catalog status. For this purpose i have created Custom Process Schema's one for Catalog and one for non-catalog.

I am struck up here as unable to pick the correct process schema. Could you please let me know the step by step procedure to complete the scenario and let me know the procedure to assign Agents at Process levels by validation.

Thanks,

Bhanu Gattu.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is exact issue? Do you still have issue in CALL METHOD lo_pdo_sc->/sapsrm/if_pdo_base~get_item_list ?

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At present am able to pick schema but it is not dynamic.

Here am explaining the procedure which i did.

1) I have Created my own custom Evaluation ID

2) Created BRF Event same as Evaluation ID.

3) Created Custom Expression to result Process Schema value.

My problem here is in 3rd step. Because i have to select Schema based on Catalogid value.

But the above process is getting triggered before shopping cart is "Ordered" i.e. when i select create button. By that time SRM server tables are not getting updated with the values due to the same my condition is getting failed.

Could you please please please please help me in this. Am not sure where am doing mistake and dont know how to correct that.

Thanks,

Bhanu Gattu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa

Can you please guide me in Rfx process level workflow.

I am stuck up at a point where I am creating the rfx. The method /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_CONFIG~CREATE_PROCESS_LEVEL_CONFIG is getting called whenever I 'Create an Rfx'. Please tell me how can trigger it when I release the Bid Invitation (i.e. PUBLISH).

Regards

Pardeep Kumar

SAP SRM Consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

I am not sure about your system SP level! Check this OSS note:-1436493. I have implemented same kind of requirement which is working fine in my system. I am in SRM 7.0 SP 5

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhanu / Masa,

I am having similar requirement for SC, where i need to determine FI approvers from Custom table. I ahve implemented /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_CONFIG BADI method /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_CONFIG~CREATE_PROCESS_LEVEL_CONFIG to create dynamic process levels.

However this method /SAPSRM/IF_EX_WF_PROC_CONFIG~CREATE_PROCESS_LEVEL_CONFIG gets triggered before any item is created. I have to derive the approvers from Item data. Is there any way i can trigger this after change of document?

I have implemented the OSS note 1436493 as per suggestion in this thread and My system is on SP V05.

Appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks in advance

Prasuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

To view items 'awaiting approval' look up the document created and triggering the workflow via the web (SRM url / EP url).

Find your document, shoppingcart in the case of replicated PR, open it -> goto 'approval preview' tab. All 'awaiting and completed approval' steps can be viewed here.

To complete the 'open approval steps' the assigned user(s) need to login and approve the workitems in there inbox. Workitems are delivered 1 by 1, top-down.

Kind regards,

Tim