Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit User access to spool request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is there a way to limit User access to one kind of spool request. for.ex. A report is generating a print output. This output will be stored in a spool request to be printed on demand since it is many pages long. Is it possible to restrict user access to this spool request only? Instead of giving access to all of SP02?

Thanks,

-PR

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I would help if you can explain the issue more elaborately. What i can understand in your case is limiting the spool access for the end user. You can change "S_SPO_PAGE" auth. object it tells the maximum number of pages that user can print. but you have to maintain rspo/auth/pagelimit parameter in the system profile to the value 1. All users must have an authorization for S_SPO_PAGE when the changed profile becomes active; otherwise no user will be able to print.

Cheers..

0 Kudos

The spool will have a particular title. The user must only be able to access spools with this particular title.

Hope that makes it clearer

-PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see the FAQ thread at the top of the forum.

If it must be scalable, then go for Adobe Forms which are only "bounced" off the spooler to the front end or a media where they are accessible via a seperate concept (document management, etc).

Cheers,

Julius

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

what about this: In the printing dialog go to properties -> Spool request -> Authorization and give a special authorization name <name> (it's like a password) to the later spool request.

Give the user tx SP01, S_ADMI_FCD with SP0R and S_SPO_ACT with SPOAUTH=<name>.

Works fine for me.

Regards, Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions