SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail:Additional articles in IS-Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I just want to know the complete IMG settings and easy access settings to work on "additionals".I just know the article type of additional it is VKHM and i created the article.i added it to another article of type HAWA.I HAWA artilce type i added this additional artilce in additoinal data tab at the top.I want to know the complete IMG settings and Easy access.

Hope foir clear answer from you,

Regards

Sandhya

7 REPLIES 7

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Additional Articles never sold (Non Valuated) and always tied with another parent Article. For example, Cloth hangers, shelf talkers so on.

Free items not in the master (whether passed on to customer or not) have to be handled as additional.

Free Goods Receipts have multiplex scenarios. Vendor-initiated Free Goods can further be divided on three sub scenarios:

With Intimation

(1) Prior intimation: In this case it is already known that the vendor is going to provide free goods.

(2) No Intimation: In this case the free item is sent along with regular items without intimation.

Offer Type

(1) Trade Offer: In this kind of offer, the free goods are received from Vendor but are not transferred to Customer. Thus, there is no Parent item u2013 child Item relationship between the Ordered Articles and Free Article.

(2) Consumer Offer: In consumer offers the free goods are transferred to consumer. Thus, there is a Parent item- child item relationship between the ordered item and free item.

Codified

Codified Item: This means that the vendor sends the free goods, which are listed in the item list of store. The free item may be similar (1 Lux free with 1 Lux ) or different to the ordered item (1 Lux free with 1Liril).

Non - Codified Item: This means that the vendor sends the free goods, which are not listed in the item list of store. For incorporation of Non-Codified item in PO or amendment of PO, the free good item is first created as an additional and then incorporated in PO.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi muralidharan,

You given a great reply but i never worked on addtional topic in IS-Retail.If you dont mind can you explain me additional topic in detail.I am expecting the complete process of additionals.Understand my situation.Hope for clear answer from you.

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi,

What more additional information you required?

Pls specify to clear your doubts.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Hi murali,

I created additional article and i assigned to a parent article.What we will do after assigning it?where we use and what the use of assigning it?Does we use additional in any situation.if yes then tell me where we use this?Is it used in promotions in retail.How we use it in promotions?I want complete additional topic.

Hope u understand i never worked on this topic i want to know the complete process

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Not yet solved my problem.hope for clear answer from SAP Gurus for my query.

Regards

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Additionals are the special articles in Retail. Additionals can be used as packaging material for your parent article or additionals are supporting material for your main article.

For e.g : Consider the Baby clothes they come with Hangers and u sell it also with the hanger. So u can assign the Hanger(Additional) to the baby cloth(Main article) .

Additional can also work as SLS(supplementary logistic services) . SLS is the prepacking. When you want to inform the Vendor about the packing details for the article you assign the Additionals to the article.

Hope this clears your concept about the additional.

Thanks,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya

I know this is a very old post but did you find out how to set up this scenario?

I am working with additionals for my very first time.

So far, I created the additionals and I assigned it to a parent article, I made some configurations in procedures for additionals too for Sales orders and delivery.

I created a Sales order with additionals and all good but then  I can't create a delivery with additionals successfully. it only shows the parent article so I'm not sure what configuration is missing.

I hope you are able to help me.

Regards,

Adriana