Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Development server to Production server import failed

lokesh_sharma4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am trying to import some devlopment from DXI server to PXI server--- Transport using CMS(Change Management Service). Its nothing but a simple file to file scenerio which is working absolutely fine in in the DXI server, but when I import it to PXI using CMS I get an error IMPORT FAILED.

There is one more method to import it using Fie System, but I dont have much idea about it.

It would be of great help if you can assist me with the problem.

Regards,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Do you guys dont have quality system in your landscape for testing? Usually it should be DEV --> QA --> PROD.

Anyways first go to CMS and see the log. It will give the error. If you put the error some one will help you out.

If you want to do with file system then please see this blogs (2nd blog is for file system). Here he has given the path where it is going on the server and what to do once exported.

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

Note: Your transport shouldn't got directly from Developement to Production. It should go from Quality to Production.

Former Member
0 Kudos
There is one more method to import it using Fie System, but I dont have much idea about it.

File system is the easiest way to transport objects I would say.

In your development system(here DX1)

Go to tools->export design objects

->Select SWCV->Under Mode select Transport Using File System

-> Check Dowload File to Client(if you want the .tpz on your local desktop)

-> Select Individual objects/Namespace(whatever you need)

-> Finish(This wil open a directory selection window showing your local desktop)

-> Select your desired location and you get the object on your local system as a .TPZ file

Now go to your target system(in your case PX1)

Go to tools-> Import design objects

->Select the option Client->Select the file from teh location you kept it

Thats it!!!

Note : Make sure teh S/W component version and namespace names are identical on both the systems orelse it wont work.

Regards

Soumen!!!