cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI stopped working error message on a Windows Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently installed Crystal Report XI in a Windows Server 2008 environment. After completed the installation as the Administrator every time that we try to execute Crystal we receive the following error message:

"Crystal Reports has stopped working"

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: crw32.exe

Application Version: 11.0.0.1282

Application Timestamp: 422d5c77

Fault Module Name: StackHash_1fc1

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 7ef2fbfc

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 1fc1

Additional Information 2: 1fc163a1c57ae45571bce37d539b233f

Additional Information 3: 2f92

Additional Information 4: 2f92817e9e63d4100e2aa48e72910a78

Any recommendation on what is causing this error?

Thanks,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Checkout These previous posts,

Or else, try this once,

Go to the System properties applet in Control Panel, click on the Data Execution Prevention tab, and turn off Data Execution Prevention for Crystal Reports.

Regards,

Salah.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Salah. I will try your recommendations and let you know the results later.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did your recommendations and still the same problem. What we are doing now is installed service pack 3 and later service pack 4 to verify if this resolve the problem.

Luis

0 Kudos

Hello,

CR XI has not been tested on Windows 2008 nor will it be since it's past it's end of life. You can try CR XI R2 SP6 which is about as close to 2008 as possible, SP 6 supports Windows 7.

Go to this link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc and download the trial version of CR XI R2 and use your XI keycode, then apply the patches which you can get to by clicking on the BusinessObjects tab above, then Downloads.

Direct link to the Trial version: http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

Good luck....

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don, will try your recommendation and let you know later.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, did you get this working? I'm really struggling to get up and running on 2008 R2, the CMS service just refuses to connect to the database. It also looks like the database wasn't created properly during the install. I set it up on an MSDE database, and when I look at it with sql management studio the database is there but there aren't any tables or anything else

Can anyone either confirm or deny that its possible to run Crystal XI on 2008 R2?

The error I'm getting when trying to start the service is:

The root server reported an error Initialization Failure. (Reason: Unable to connect to the database using the provided connection string. Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified).

I've confirmed that the ODBC connections work (both 32 bit and 64 bit) via the built in test, but Crystal for some reason isn't happy

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Why are you posting your Businessobjects Enterprise issue in this thread?

Create a new post in Businessobjects Enterprise forum.

Good luck though, only BOE R3 will be supported.

Thank you

Don