cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Delete on Database" in /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can somebody help explain what happens when we execute "Delete on Database" in /SAPAPO/SDORDER_DEL? and how would the program acts for each selection parameters, if;

- we have not put anything in the selective deletion portion of the screen for "Location", "Product", and "Last Changed Before" fields, don't tick the check box for "Without check" option; but tick the check boxes for "Adjust ATP tables with /SAPAPO/POSMAPN table" and "Delete Obsolete Records in the /SAPAPO/POSMAPN table" in the additional function, what will happen? Will it delete anything? Or will it only do as what the additional function says?

- how about in the product allocation data portion, considering that we have specified a location, what is being deleted when the check box for "Delete Product Allocations" is ticked? and what is being done if the check box for "Check Product Allocation Assignment" is ticked?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Regards,

Philip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip,

SAP does not have good docs on this program

Refer to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/504620

Also, composite note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/553476 refers to other notes which may help answer your questions.

My experience is that when the documentation doesn't speak clearly to my particular question in this program, it is better to get into a sandbox and try different permutations.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Please find the below link, which is quite helpful.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/Delete+SD+orders+from+database

regards

Rahul Chitte

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Philip,

If you simply leave blank the fields product location and etc. than the program will search in database tables for orders that meet this selection criteria, by finding only those orders that have their product, location, etc fields BLANK.

If you really want to select EVERYTHING, than you have to put a '*' in those fields, as * is understood by the system as "EVRYTHING".

Also, database tab will only delete the orders from database tables, keeping them in Livecache. Can't tell you why this is possible, but if you need to run this, I'd suggest to run it with Deleted from database and livecache.

Hope this could help you,

Luiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Philip,

Find below few points about this transaction.

1. check is normally carried out before an order is deleted to see if this order still exists in liveCache. If this is the case, the order is not deleted.

2. You can also print out a list of the orders that cannot be deleted if you have set the relevant indicator.

3. In exceptional cases, you can deactivate this check and nevertheless still delete the selected orders.

4. If you have set the Delete all orders indicator, the order data from the database is completely deleted without any check. You should take great care when using this function.

5. A location product or a location can only be deleted if SD sales documents for this location product no longer exist in the database (that is, if, for example, no more entries exist in the tables /SAPAPO/ORDADM_I or /SAPAPO/ORDPART).

Regards,

Siva.