cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI People,

In stock trenafer configurtion there is one step which is MM->Purchase order->setup stock transfer order-?> Define shipping data for plants.

Now here you enter customer number of the receiving plant and sales area which would be determined when supplying plants supplies the goods and also this sales area woudl be used to determine shipping data.

My question is that if I make with the company stock transfer order and inter company stock transfer then i will have to mandatorily take same sales area for both the transaction.

Also whtat would happen if my material is divisiion specific. Lets say iI have 2 division 01 and 02 and all the materials are stock transfered. Considering this entry if I make it for division 01 then I can't make it for division 02 since this entry is unique. How would I stock transfer materials of division 02 then.

Please guide!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Stock transfer the receiving plant is a customer in supplying plants sales area

In MM->Purchase order->setup stock transfer order-?> Define shipping data for plants.

Here in the details

Against the supplying plant you have to give sales area

Against the receiving plant you have to give internal customer number (no need to fill up sales area in the receiving plants details )

The internal customer (receiving plant) has to be created as an customer in XD01 t code in supplying plants sales area with shipping condition details

Also what would happen if my material is divisiion specific. 
Lets say iI have 2 division 01 and 02 and 
all the materials are stock transfered. Considering this entry if I make it for division 01 
then I can't make it for division 02 since this entry is unique. 
How would I stock transfer materials of division 02 then.

I am not able to understand this

Also what would happen if my material is divisiion specific

For your information any material in SAP division specific

I think you are confused in the terminology

between item division and header division if so it doesnot impact STOs

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Komal,

What you have pointed out is absolutely correct as far as the Intercompany STO is concerned as the assignment of Plant and the sales area is unique here. The only possibility to over come is a user exit as common division concept effects other

Transactions. If you are sure it doesnt effect any other processes you can go for VOR2.

Regards,

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly use the common division functionality so you have to use the only one division for the customer i.e commom division

T codes : VOR2 & VOR1

Regards

Damu