cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy from Production PR1 to DV2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have 2 ERP landscapes (PR1 - QA1 - DV1) and ( PR2 - QA2 - DV2).

We want to system copy PR1 to DV2, I'm not sure if this should be done. But is there a way to neuteralize all the issues arising from such procedure?

Note: The landscape 2 is already present and regular development takes place.

Regards,

Samant Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samant,

It can be very well done. Your concerns could be addressed well if you please elaborate on the reasons for which you are saying "I'm not sure if this should be done".

System copy is used to build a system using an existing database.

Please go through the SAP standard document on System copy.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh for the quick reply,

> System copy is used to build a system using an existing database.

That is true, but I think the purpose is more for QAS than for DEV and also for fresh landscape, diaster recovery or Audit pupose if required.

> elaborate on the reasons for which you are saying "I'm not sure if this should be done".

The reason being DV2 has many objects which were modified during development and which are already transported in Production. Now, any future development, might be dependent on the existing modified objects which will not be present in DV2 as PR1 is system copied to DV2.

Regards,

Samant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samant,

Could you let us know what exactly you are trying to achieve for which you are thinking of System Copy as an option?

The reason being DV2 has many objects which were modified during development and which are already
 transported in Production. Now, any future development, might be dependent on the existing modified 
objects which will not be present in DV2 as PR1 is system copied to DV2.

This is true.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar