Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Support Team Determination in Service Desk

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am configuring service desk in solution manager. Everything is working fine except Support Team Determination.

Whenever user is raising message from satellite system, it is coming in service desk without Support Team.

I have already configured Rule in Solution Manager. Even in Rules 13200137 CRM_DNO_1, when I am testing rules with Simulate Rules Resolution and there putting SAP Component it is showing me correct team. But when user raised message then Support Team field is not automatically populated.

I have also checked Access Sequence SLFN0003 Support Team (CRM) and ensure that the access sequence in the "Partner Determination" is empty.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Can you please elaborate your last comment on how you fixed it? Where is this Support Team flag?

Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I hope you have maintained the proper org structure for your support team in ppoma_crm tcode and assigned members to them. Most of the time this problem comes due to not creating the org structure properly.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so there is a problem in ORG structure because when i am define rule and testing it there by giving SAP component then it is able to get the Support Team responsible.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

the standard Support Team Determination only works correctly if exactly one result is found.

If you defined your responsibilities in a way that you get more than one support team as result, no support team is entered in your message!

You can debug this as follows:

Set a breakpoint in function module CRM_DNO_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE and create a message in your solman using NOTIF_CREATE.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

pls. visit the follwing weblog

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination

this should solve your problem.

Regards,

Uday

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already gone through this link but my problem is not solved by this.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> pls. visit the follwing weblog

>

> /people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/10/06/service-desk-support-team-determination

>

> this should solve your problem.

See also the following (quite detailed) guide

[Advanced Configuration Guide for Service Providers (February 2010)|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000722612&_OBJECT=011000358700000122472008E], which has been recently updated.

It covers the following topics:

- IBase

- Organizational Model

- Product Maintenance

- Service Level Agreements

- Support Team Determination

Best regards,

Ruediger

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

I have checked the guide suggested by you. But the problem which i troubleshoot is IBase/Component field is blank in the service desk message and I think this is the reason for no Support Team selection.

I am not sure why no IBase/Component is not coming in the service desk message because I have already maintained my IBase in transaction IB52 and assigned my org unit (Sold to Party) in Ibase. But still problem persists.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

To me it seems to be a configuration issue. Did you copy standard transaction type SLFN and all profiles in customer namespace?

If yes please verify the action profile. An action may not have been planned correctly (already had a problem like that if I rememnber correctly...) and that could explain that your IBase component is not maintained in service desk message if you are creating it from the satellite system.

Kind regards,

Stéphane.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Stephane,

Problem lies with IBase component only. I have maintained IBase component in IB52 and even I have assigned the Sold to Party.

But still my IBase is not getting reflected in the support messages that are created from the satellite system.

As far as rules are concerned, Rules are right. When I am doing testing in the Rule it is selecting correct Team. Also, I have maintained single team for one component.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Still you didn't answer to my question... ^^

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the satellite system version you are using, IBase will replicate to solution manager system with ECC 6.0 and latest patch levels updated in it.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear BK,

We are ERP 6.0 with EHP4 on all satellite systems.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I did proper configuration with SLFN.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Could you also please check the system ID , installation number of the sattelite system and the one that is maintained in the corresponding I-Base.Also please check the client and the sort string maintained in it. I have done a test case with your problem symtoms.

May be you can check the above case of installation number mismatch.

regards,

Srinivas.

Edited by: Srini24 on Mar 18, 2010 12:26 PM

Edited by: Srini24 on Mar 18, 2010 1:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

you can test the ibase determination as follows:

Call function module CRM_IBASE_COMP_FIND in SE37.

Enter in the parameter I_COMP_DET-DEVICEID your systemdata of your satellite system in form (System-ID) (Installation number) (Client), all values separated by space, for example "PRD 1234567890 100".

Enter in parameter I_COMP_DET-IBASE your IBase (1 is standard).

Execute the function module and check if a IBase component is found!

Hope this helps,

Christoph

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

I did the test suggested by you but result is negative i.e. no IBase component found.

Runtime: 207.081 Microseconds

Exception NOT_FOUND

Message ID: CRM_IB Message number: 054

IBase component not found for search criteria

RFC target sys:

Import parameters Value

I_COMP_DET GES 0020575955 100

I_DATE

I_TIME 00:00:00

IV_INCLUDE_VOID

I checked in IB52, there are two IBases maintained under IBase category 01. I deactivated one and set the deletion flag. But still if I am performing above test, it is not selecting any IBase. Please suggest.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

please check in transaction DNO_CUST04 which IBase is maintained in field "IBASE".

Check in IB52 if your system is maintained as component within this IBase.

If thats fine, you can try to generate the IBase component for your system again.

First check in SMSY if the installation number and client for your system is maintained correctly.

If so execute transaction IB_GEN, select your system and perform the generation.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was I have selected Support Team Flag in Action Profile definition of Support Team determination which should not be selected. By this my problem is resolved now.

Thanks

Sunny