cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem accessing ABAP webservices from VB.NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i have problem accessing a webservice created from ABAP. when I test the webservice from WS navigator, it is fine. When I try to add the WSDL to 'ADD web reference ' in VB application in my m/c, it is ok.

But when I try to 'ADD web refrence' in another m/c. it is throwing discovery document error.Both m/c are in the same network,

The document at the url

http://host:post/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_DEEFA40807E3B8F1948E00215E56BC34/wsdl11/allinone/standard/docu... was not recognized as a known document type.

The error message from each known type may help you fix the problem:

- Report from 'WSDL Document' is 'There is an error in XML document (1, 500).'.

- 'Element' is an invalid node type. Line 1, position 500.

- Report from 'DISCO Document' is 'Discovery document at the URL http://host:post/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/bndg_DEEFA40807E3B8F1948E00215E56BC34/wsdl11/allinone/standard/docu... could not be found.'.

- The document format is not recognized.

- Report from 'XML Schema' is 'Expected Schema root. Make sure that the root element is <schema> and the namespace is 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema' for an XSD schema or 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data' for an XDR schema. An error occurred at , (1, 40).'.

any ideas ????

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

posted in another forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On which machine SAP installed? On same machine where you can access it from .Net or separate machine?

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gourav,

application server is on a diffrent m/c .

when I access the URL from vb.net installed on presentation server, it is fine.

But if i access WSDL from a m/c(in the same network), but no sap installed. I get this error.but it shows the method. So i guess it can access webservice but some link is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems issue with machine configuration rather wsdl as if it is working on one machine it must work on another machine.

See your firewall settings if .Net is allowed to pass through and any update/patch need to be installed on machine. Compare the service and configuration on both machine to find root of the issue.

Check if you can ping sap host so it will be clear if host is reachable from your .Net machine.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gourav,

surely it is accessing host m/c because it asks for userid and pwd and shows part of xml.but shows error with top element in xml.

could there be some problem with element urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style in m/c without sap installtion. Because it is fine in m/c with sap installation.

I tried to open the WSDL with xml spy i get this error:

attribute 'element' in message part 'parameters' (message 'Ztest') refers to element 'tns:Ztest' but the namespace prefix 'tns' does not match the element's namespace 'urn:sap-com:document:sap:soap:functions:mc-style'!

how do i solve this, it is a system generated file??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Fan,

Why do you have two threads open with the same issue?

[]

The fact that you have SAP installed on one machine & not on the other is irrelevant when dealing with webservices, that's the whole point about webservices, they overcome application & network boundaries.

Do you perhaps have another machine on the network with .NET only (no SAP) that you could test the webservice?

Regards, Trevor