cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CPU and RAM calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are required to create a new SAP H/w design in VMware platform.We have VMware ESX 3.5 Virtual server farm.

Our ERP data base size is 1200GB, Active users 800, 4 system landscape.

Could you please inform how to calculate the number of CPU and total RAM usage required for this environment.

We have also more systems apart from ERP has to be attached to this enviroment. It would be great if you can tell me how to calculate the CPU and RAM for VWware virtual servers based on the given SAP information.

In case the information is not enough please inform what information is missing

Thanks

Shylesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answers, I am closing this thread

Shylesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with your VM ware vendor. In VM ware it self there is a tool called capacity planner. people will this to plan the capacity. VM ware team will ask you to run it for 10 days when the load is high based on that they will calculate the existing setup capacity based on that they will plan for the new setup.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are required to create a new SAP H/w design in VMware platform.We have VMware ESX 3.5 Virtual server farm.

> Our ERP data base size is 1200GB, Active users 800, 4 system landscape.

> Could you please inform how to calculate the number of CPU and total RAM usage required for this environment.

http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

> We have also more systems apart from ERP has to be attached to this enviroment. It would be great if you can tell me how to calculate the CPU and RAM for VWware virtual servers based on the given SAP information.

Usually it's done like:

- you create a quicksizer project (see above link)

- you enter all the necessary data

- your hardware vendor (sitting in the competence center @ SAP) will pick up that sizing and offer appropriate machines

For such big systems I'd not use VMWare 3.5 but go for vSphere.

Markus