cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to velify applying support packs SAP R/3 46C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm going to implement multiple support packs to our R/3 46C system.

Patch level will jump up over 10 levels to the latest level.

My point is the support packs have too many SAP Notes over 2000 to foresee possible impacts to our application area.....

Can you give me some hints about that from your experience?

I guess the impacts are confined to our ADD-ON parts (Namespace of Z, Y...). No inpact for SAP default parts.

Thank you in advance.

Y.Shirako

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yuji, as per my understanding if you are implementing support packs with all pre-requisites met for the components there should not be any issue in implemeting those. More over to hadle the customized objects and programs you would need to take assistance from ABAP team for SAPU and SPDD activity.

Let us know if you still have concerns.

Hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier and Amber,

Thank you for your help. Yes I am planning to implement support packs initially to our testbed system.

May I ask you some questions?

- Am I correct in assuming that there will not be big problems once corresponding SAP Notes in "Side-effect reports" are applied ?

- I plan to apply support packs via TCD:SPAM. Which time point should I consider SAPU and SPDD, before or after SPAM...?

Best regards, Y.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuji,

Do SPAU and SPDD after SPAM. If your prerquisites are met than there is no need to worry.

Cheers

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yuji, below is the answer to yourt questions.

- Am I correct in assuming that there will not be big problems once corresponding SAP Notes in "Side-effect reports" are appl

(No problems will happen if support packs are implemeted with all pre requisites are met. From pre requisite i mean suppose for applying HR components you need some basic level of BASIS, Abap components.)

- I plan to apply support packs via TCD:SPAM. Which time point should I consider SAPU and SPDD, before or after SPAM...?

(SPAU and SPDD will come during run of SPAM transaction when components are getting patched. That time you can call ADJUST MODIFICATIONS and later after completion of SPAM activity you can ask application team to do SPAU and SPDD which they will do in terms of transport request)

Hope it addresses your query.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you so much, experts! Just one more thing.

Do you carried out any application testing or ask the application team to do that after support packs are implemented?

Could you give me some examples from your experience...?

Best Regards,

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yuji, Thats correct once you apply support packs completely , you would need to ask ABAP(application) Team to do necessary SPAU/SPDD Corrections. Once corrections are done they will provide you transport requests which can be moved across the landscapes after support pack application.

Hope it Helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>My point is the support packs have too many SAP Notes over 2000 to foresee possible impacts to our application area.....

That is why it is absolutely mandatory to apply the support packages on a testbed system (recent copy of the production system) and to do non regression testing before patching the production.

Regards,

Olivier