cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc export for external application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

is it possible to generate AND SAVE an idoc (for example when i generate a maintenance order) ON A LOCAL FILE SYSTEM.

i want to watch a local folder with my external application and catch the idoc, if it will be generated in this folder by the sap system.

i can't find / develop a rfc-destination in customizing wich can handle this ...

thanks for answers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bit confused....do you want to have a flow llike...Source --> XI --> SAP R3 and also to File server with same target structure?

If yes, then in receiver determination maintain two receivers ...one will be Business System for SAP and other will be business service for File server.....then you have to maintain a different set of ID objects like Interface Determination, receiver channel & agreement.....target structure and mapping will be the same in both the flows.

Please ignore if the reply is not relevant to your need!

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Mar 11, 2010 1:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, i want to realize folowing way:

SAP R3 (generate order) -> Idoc -> Local File System -> .Net Application (read order)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have SAP XI/ PI involved in the flow?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>is it possible to generate AND SAVE an idoc (for example when i generate a maintenance order) ON A LOCAL FILE SYSTEM.

you can even do it without SAP PI

just specify a port of type file (of XML file) in WE21 of SAP ERP and the IDOC will create a file in SAP filesystem

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk