cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two files and Mail adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question revolving on the following scenario.

The scenario is outbound Proxy creating a file via SAP X I and im using PI 7.0.

I need to create a file based on the fields coming in the Proxy structure , but the additional requirement is :

a) That file need to be created in two separate folders.

b)An email needs to be sent after the File adapter finishes placing t he file , No acknowledgement required just an email to be fired in sequence after the file is placed in those two folders.

Can anyone please let me know the steps , I have done the following till now in ID :

Created no sender comm channel since its an outbound proxy

Created receiver File comm channel and gave path for Folder A

created Interface , receiver determination and receiver agreement for the above created communication channel

and no sender agreement since its outbound proxy

Can you please suggest me steps to include the next folder as destination for the same file ,

do i need to create another com channel with the new folder path ??

and how to add mail adapter to this interface determination and receiver determination ...

do i have to create a separate message interface in IR to configure mail adapter

Thanks

Dev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use standard interface determination with multiple inbound interfaces and send it to same business service using separate channel. First create interface determination for files. Then create one mapping for mail too and add it in the earlier interface determination. Click on option "Maintain Order at runtime" and you are done.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for your reply !

I understood what is to be done for the multiple channels .. but i am still unclear on how to add Mail adpater

Can you throw some more light on it and i am using enhanced interface determination , since i am using multi mapping in the IR , so i knw that i might have to create a separate interfce determination and maintatin order at runtime isnt possible.

My requirement is to just create an email through a mail adapter which can be run simultaneously or after while creating these files.

Thanks

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of going for multi mapping...and extended interface determination...

use multiple mappings... like one for each operations(2 for file and one for mail)...

and use the same in interface determination...and create multiple receiver agreements..one for each..

this way it will ensure that mail will be sent only after the creation of the files in the target directory....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Rajesh

Actually the multi mapping is for a separate requirement and is a neccessity ,

The scenarios is as follows,

I have to create some files around 20 and place them in two folders , that build has been done and tested , so i have a multi mapping , for those 20 files , and enhanced interface determination and is working fine

Now a new requirement is to send an email , can you please tell me the steps in IR and ID to incorporate the mail adapter in this interface ??

considering it as an additional feature, nthing to do with Files ,,,

Please help

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Need some help on Mail adapter please

Dev

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sd,

Check this Blog

/people/piyush.mathur2/blog/2009/12/16/problem-of-plenty-multiple-file-to-multiple-file-via-pi

Also File Aadapter supports OS commands which is executed after successful processing of the file, so I would suggest to use this feature of file adapter to Send the Email after successful processing of the file.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh